The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Gay character in ST XI?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Admiral

A cure? Well, this thread's about to get a whole lot hotter! You think it's a sickness?

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 03-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Admiral

yeah...um....interestingly, I just posted in a topic on how we're all supposed to be nice to each other...and I said, if anyone is really stupid, they should expect to get virtually slapped upside their virtual head...

I believe we have just hit that point in this thread (though...from an unanticipated source...I was all ready to virtually slap another virtual head)....

JasPlum...your position is counter to everything Star Trek stands for. You are obviously bigotted in the extreme and really need to take your hate elsewhere...I've gotten PM's from others about posts here suggesting that the mods need to take action against the gay bashers, but you...you have topped everything written by all previously annoying twits in the thread (maybe you should take a bow now...it's likely to be your swan song).

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 03-14-2008, 09:18 PM
JasPlun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
A cure? Well, this thread's about to get a whole lot hotter! You think it's a sickness?
I was not implying anything with this post . I am simpy posting a reason why this subject has been left out of the Movies and Shows. In the future it is quit possible that being gay could be a type of sickness. The purpose of this thread was not to discuss my personal feelings on this matter I think its best described in the bible Romans Chp 1,vs 22 thru 1 verse 28. Now back to Star Trek and what if there were no more gay people? Don't you think its possible?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:22 PM
JasPlun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
yeah...um....interestingly, I just posted in a topic on how we're all supposed to be nice to each other...and I said, if anyone is really stupid, they should expect to get virtually slapped upside their virtual head...

I believe we have just hit that point in this thread (though...from an unanticipated source...I was all ready to virtually slap another virtual head)....

JasPlum...your position is counter to everything Star Trek stands for. You are obviously bigotted in the extreme and really need to take your hate elsewhere...I've gotten PM's from others about posts here suggesting that the mods need to take action against the gay bashers, but you...you have topped everything written by all previously annoying twits in the thread (maybe you should take a bow now...it's likely to be your swan song).
I am not a Bigot and I do like Star Trek as a show its not real life and I did not inten to offend anyone so if you took it wrong maybe I should have worded it differently. But it is my opinion and Star Trek was about the future and everyone being treated as equals I no where stated otherwise. I simply added a possibility as to why they have not done this:P
Old 03-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Good dodge...doesn't for a minute jusitfy what you posted though...maybe this is a good time to take advantabe of the "edit" feature and then put a post in saying you have clarified your position...just a thought...

By the way, you didn't imply, you stated emphatically that a cure would be found that the issue would go away...please don't make the mistake of thinking we're stupid.

Last edited by Elizadolots : 03-14-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Simulataneous postings...I'd ask if was good for you, but you'd probably want to cure me of it...

I didn't take it wrong, you posted hate.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:26 PM
JasPlun

Quote:
Good dodge...doesn't for a minute jusitfy what you posted though...maybe this is a good time to take advantabe of the "edit" feature and then put a post in saying you have clarified your position...just a thought...

y the way, you didn't imply, you stated emphatically that a cure would be found that the issue would go away...please don't make the mistake of thinking we're stupid.
The Edit was used to try and correct spelling but anyway I am not here to start an arguement or trouble but it sure looks like you are so I am out of here later and please do not let a post upset you its a movie and we are not talking about real life . But looking at your replies your the one who seems to be upset . Like I said everyone has opinions and you asked for them when you made the post:P
Old 03-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasPlun View Post
Better yet since Star Trek is in the future and all the marvelous Medical advances they have made that a cure for gay people has been found and in Star Trek there is no need to visit this issue because their are no more gay people. They can wake up rest assured and look at themselves in the mirror and say Whoa! I am a Man Or WoW I am a Woman and I now know why I was created this way Thx. Star Trek and the Federation for getting rid of this Issue Case Closed.
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that homosexuality a medical problem that needs to be "cured". No more than my lifelong attraction to redheaded women needs to be cured.

The fact homosexuals have not been mentioned in Star Trek doesn't mean they were cured. We've never seen anyone take a piss, so I guess they cured that too.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 PM
JasPlun

Quote:
Simulataneous postings...I'd ask if was good for you, but you'd probably want to cure me of it...

I didn't take it wrong, you posted hate.
Umm I did not post Hate but if thats what you feel I cannot change your mind you have already made your Judgement but I see that what I wrote Upset you so I will Apologize its late and I was simply stating my opinion on the subject no hate was intended. If you took it as hate I am sorry I assure you none was intended. Bye.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasPlun View Post
I was not implying anything with this post . I am simpy posting a reason why this subject has been left out of the Movies and Shows. In the future it is quit possible that being gay could be a type of sickness. The purpose of this thread was not to discuss my personal feelings on this matter I think its best described in the bible Romans Chp 1,vs 22 thru 1 verse 28. Now back to Star Trek and what if there were no more gay people? Don't you think its possible?
If it were, I don't think that'd be the world of Trek, it sounds more like 1984.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Closed Thread