The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Gay character in ST XI?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #371  
Old 03-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Livingston's Avatar
Livingston Livingston is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Along the Kessel Run
Posts: 4,964
Default

A cure? Well, this thread's about to get a whole lot hotter! You think it's a sickness?
__________________


"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
  #372  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Elizadolots's Avatar
Elizadolots Elizadolots is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,466
Default

yeah...um....interestingly, I just posted in a topic on how we're all supposed to be nice to each other...and I said, if anyone is really stupid, they should expect to get virtually slapped upside their virtual head...

I believe we have just hit that point in this thread (though...from an unanticipated source...I was all ready to virtually slap another virtual head)....

JasPlum...your position is counter to everything Star Trek stands for. You are obviously bigotted in the extreme and really need to take your hate elsewhere...I've gotten PM's from others about posts here suggesting that the mods need to take action against the gay bashers, but you...you have topped everything written by all previously annoying twits in the thread (maybe you should take a bow now...it's likely to be your swan song).
__________________


Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
  #373  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:18 PM
JasPlun
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
A cure? Well, this thread's about to get a whole lot hotter! You think it's a sickness?
I was not implying anything with this post . I am simpy posting a reason why this subject has been left out of the Movies and Shows. In the future it is quit possible that being gay could be a type of sickness. The purpose of this thread was not to discuss my personal feelings on this matter I think its best described in the bible Romans Chp 1,vs 22 thru 1 verse 28. Now back to Star Trek and what if there were no more gay people? Don't you think its possible?
  #374  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:22 PM
JasPlun
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
yeah...um....interestingly, I just posted in a topic on how we're all supposed to be nice to each other...and I said, if anyone is really stupid, they should expect to get virtually slapped upside their virtual head...

I believe we have just hit that point in this thread (though...from an unanticipated source...I was all ready to virtually slap another virtual head)....

JasPlum...your position is counter to everything Star Trek stands for. You are obviously bigotted in the extreme and really need to take your hate elsewhere...I've gotten PM's from others about posts here suggesting that the mods need to take action against the gay bashers, but you...you have topped everything written by all previously annoying twits in the thread (maybe you should take a bow now...it's likely to be your swan song).
I am not a Bigot and I do like Star Trek as a show its not real life and I did not inten to offend anyone so if you took it wrong maybe I should have worded it differently. But it is my opinion and Star Trek was about the future and everyone being treated as equals I no where stated otherwise. I simply added a possibility as to why they have not done this:P
  #375  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Elizadolots's Avatar
Elizadolots Elizadolots is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,466
Default

Good dodge...doesn't for a minute jusitfy what you posted though...maybe this is a good time to take advantabe of the "edit" feature and then put a post in saying you have clarified your position...just a thought...

By the way, you didn't imply, you stated emphatically that a cure would be found that the issue would go away...please don't make the mistake of thinking we're stupid.
__________________


Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!

Last edited by Elizadolots : 03-14-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: typo
  #376  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Elizadolots's Avatar
Elizadolots Elizadolots is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,466
Default

Simulataneous postings...I'd ask if was good for you, but you'd probably want to cure me of it...

I didn't take it wrong, you posted hate.
__________________


Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
  #377  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:26 PM
JasPlun
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
Good dodge...doesn't for a minute jusitfy what you posted though...maybe this is a good time to take advantabe of the "edit" feature and then put a post in saying you have clarified your position...just a thought...

y the way, you didn't imply, you stated emphatically that a cure would be found that the issue would go away...please don't make the mistake of thinking we're stupid.
The Edit was used to try and correct spelling but anyway I am not here to start an arguement or trouble but it sure looks like you are so I am out of here later and please do not let a post upset you its a movie and we are not talking about real life . But looking at your replies your the one who seems to be upset . Like I said everyone has opinions and you asked for them when you made the post:P
  #378  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:29 PM
HRH The KING's Avatar
HRH The KING HRH The KING is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Royal Estates
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasPlun View Post
Better yet since Star Trek is in the future and all the marvelous Medical advances they have made that a cure for gay people has been found and in Star Trek there is no need to visit this issue because their are no more gay people. They can wake up rest assured and look at themselves in the mirror and say Whoa! I am a Man Or WoW I am a Woman and I now know why I was created this way Thx. Star Trek and the Federation for getting rid of this Issue Case Closed.
There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that homosexuality a medical problem that needs to be "cured". No more than my lifelong attraction to redheaded women needs to be cured.

The fact homosexuals have not been mentioned in Star Trek doesn't mean they were cured. We've never seen anyone take a piss, so I guess they cured that too.
  #379  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 PM
JasPlun
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
Simulataneous postings...I'd ask if was good for you, but you'd probably want to cure me of it...

I didn't take it wrong, you posted hate.
Umm I did not post Hate but if thats what you feel I cannot change your mind you have already made your Judgement but I see that what I wrote Upset you so I will Apologize its late and I was simply stating my opinion on the subject no hate was intended. If you took it as hate I am sorry I assure you none was intended. Bye.
  #380  
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Livingston's Avatar
Livingston Livingston is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Along the Kessel Run
Posts: 4,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasPlun View Post
I was not implying anything with this post . I am simpy posting a reason why this subject has been left out of the Movies and Shows. In the future it is quit possible that being gay could be a type of sickness. The purpose of this thread was not to discuss my personal feelings on this matter I think its best described in the bible Romans Chp 1,vs 22 thru 1 verse 28. Now back to Star Trek and what if there were no more gay people? Don't you think its possible?
If it were, I don't think that'd be the world of Trek, it sounds more like 1984.
__________________


"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.