The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > The Next Generation > Your Dream TNG Movie
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2009, 05:31 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
The unexplained disappearance of Ambassador Spock brings together the Enterprise E under the command of Data, and the Titan under the command of Captain Riker to investigate the disappearance.

Finding a rapidly shrinking anomaly in space the Enterprise (with Riker and Troi aboard while on the ship for a strategy meeting - plus you have to find some contrived way to bring them together) begins to scan it.

Suddenly it bursts open and the shattered wreckage of the Narada pours out.

The ship detects survivors in it's mass. They are beamed aboard where Nero and his band run amok, and steal the USS Titan (with a delusional Nero thinking Troi is his wife) and flees, mad with rage and grief reawakened.

The Enterprise sets off in pursuit as the Titan enters The Forge (not la Forge - this ain't Brokeback) and Nero begins to adapt it with the Borg technology.

As the Enterprise catches up, it must face the newly improved Titan in a final battle - the outcome of which will decide whether or not an Android can really captain a starship (subplot - can we trust technology), whether Picard's negotiating skills have remained sharp (theme - mutual trust between enemies leading to peace) and whether Troi's senses are still sharp enough to 'feel' Nero's pain (theme - getting old and useless, or not, as the case may be). Geordi and Crusher can do nothing but stand in the background (as always) and Worf (who magically was passing by on a shuttle en route to DS9 to try and steal Ezri away from Bashir - theme an homage to Hitchcock's Vertigo) can throw out a coupla 'funny' lines here and there.

Action packed, thematic, and sequel to the new film all in one!!!
Pretty dammed neat, I even saw the kitchen sink!!!

I could see a "Mirror" movie. (The Mirror Universe we saw in TOS) The ISS-1701-D Under Command Of Capatin Picard, with a Klingon-like pony tail. The Empire has found out how to send people into our universe, and (after alot of recon) send their counterparts back to be imprisoned and tortured, because the mirror universe's technology is about 50 years behind TNG technology.

At first the acting is so good no one notices...but soon small things start giving them away...things only an Empath and an android find odd....
Old 09-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Federation Councillor

I think TNG was the only series never to visit the 'Mirror' wasn't it? They skipped it til DS9.

mmmmmnnnn - an evil Dr Beverly? Could be thrilling!!!!

courtesy of Saquist
Old 09-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I think TNG was the only series never to visit the 'Mirror' wasn't it? They skipped it til DS9.

mmmmmnnnn - an evil Dr Beverly? Could be thrilling!!!!
It was indeed. This is for you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gallery_7102_82_45278.jpg (18.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 09-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Lieutenant Commander

STAR TREK: RENAISSANCE
Stardate 58920.4
Release Date: June 6, 2005

VOICEOVER: "Two-thousand years ago, on the planet Vulcan, an evil entity named SETI took control of the planet, enslaving the Vulcan people. He and his followers, calling themselves the "Children of Romulus", A.K.A 'Romulans' rejected the teachings of Surak, and allowed pure passion to dictate their actions. As hope for peace began to diminish, the last of the Vulcan priests banished the Romulans from their homeworld, never to return, and waged war against Seti upon the great fire-plains. At last they sealed away Seti in the core of the planet. However, even as all Vulcan rejoiced, Surak prophesied that after two-thousand years, Seti would return to re-conquer Vulcan. And when that day comes, he said, only a non-vulcan man who has a perfect balance of logic and passion will be able to overthrow him forever...

Two thousand years have passed..."

This film would explain why the Vulcans are purely logical and emotionless, and it would explain the origin of the Romulans, as well as what the poem "Clash on the Fire-Plains" was really about. It would also set the stage for Star Trek: Countdown. Set around 3 years after
STAR TREK: NEMESIS, Captain Picard and the crew of the ENTERPRISE are summoned to Planet Vulcan by Ambassador Spock, who had responded to a distress signal from Vulcan, arriving just in time to witness the return of the Evil Sorcerer Seti, who emerges through the eruption of Mount Selaya, which was actually a dormant volcano all these years. Seti takes over the Vulcan temple, naming it his palace, and Spock realizes the time has come which was prophesied by Surak. He also realizes that the non-Vulcan man with a perfect balance of logic and emotion is actually Picard. With a newly rebuilt Data commanding the Enterprise providing cover from the renegade Vulcan starships, Picard beams down to take down Seti. Riker arrives with the USS Titan to provide additional support, while Spock comes to Picard's aid. They finally manage to overthrow Seti, who ironically falls into the volcano from which he had emerged so victoriously earlier.

At the end, as the Vulcan people celebrate, Picard speaks with Spock one last time. Spock tells him "Thank you...not only for saving my people, but for helping me to realize what it was that two very illogical, very precious human friends of mine once tried so hard to tell me. And for helping me to see the meaning of their words, you have proven to me once again that you truly are worthy to be the Captain of the Enterprise." Picard is promoted to Ambassador of Vulcan, and Data assumes command of the Enterprise. As the Enterprise and the Titan soar off into the sunset, the movie ends with the tagline "A NEW GENERATION BEGINS" and then the End Credits.

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 09-28-2009, 04:24 AM
Federation Councillor

Hmmm interesting there AA!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Thanks, Zardoz. I even have a movie poster drawn for it, but I don't currently have a scanner, so I can't show it to you guys...yet! I hope to eventually get it on here and see what you guys think of it.

--ADMIRAL JONATHAN ARCHER--

Old 09-29-2009, 04:36 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Archer View Post
Thanks, Zardoz. I even have a movie poster drawn for it, but I don't currently have a scanner, so I can't show it to you guys...yet! I hope to eventually get it on here and see what you guys think of it.
When you do, I wanna see it.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

hmm, this is interesting.

about the Narada, if TNG messes with it, they might
find a way to unravel the new alternate timeline, by
thinking to set things right and the what happens to the
alternate crew we now love? he he!

TNG have been known to correct things, like their
own alternate timeline.

I'd have to watch TNG again to know what I'd want in
a movie.

Patrick Stewart is done playing Picard, but this is hypothetical.