The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Comments & Suggestions > User? Ranks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-23-2009, 04:55 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Hmm no plans right now, but the job might call me away at anytime.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Ditroi's Avatar
Ditroi Ditroi is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,035
Default

I'm surprised I made Commander considering how I'm on here for short periods of time.
__________________
All artists are obssesive compulsive... its what keeps us going!
The science inspires the dream, the dream creates the art...the art fuels the dream and continues to inspire the science!


http://www.dianahuang.com
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Dtroi!! How the heck have you been??!!
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-25-2009, 07:59 AM
Ditroi's Avatar
Ditroi Ditroi is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Dtroi!! How the heck have you been??!!
Hi!!! Yeah I'm back now that the crunch to get this movie submitted is done. Things have been really crazy busy. I got laid-off on the last day of July from that 9-5 internet/web job. In a way its a good thing... its not the job of my dreams... it was supposed to be a side thing until I got a job in the field I wanted to work in. I was stuck in it for over 2 years... lucky for me.. that means I get to collect unemployment as I'm looking for more work! I've got things going on... I moved in August... got my own little place. I still teach drawing on Sundays... started it up again this last Sunday. Got that indie film to finish and get the last payment for... I'm picking up little projects here and there. I just finished doing touch up for someone's website. Getting myself more active on the whole social/job networking thing. Got stuff to go to tomorrow.. Sunday... today is my relax day...
__________________
All artists are obssesive compulsive... its what keeps us going!
The science inspires the dream, the dream creates the art...the art fuels the dream and continues to inspire the science!


http://www.dianahuang.com
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-25-2009, 08:27 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditroi View Post
Hi!!! Yeah I'm back now that the crunch to get this movie submitted is done. Things have been really crazy busy. I got laid-off on the last day of July from that 9-5 internet/web job. In a way its a good thing... its not the job of my dreams... it was supposed to be a side thing until I got a job in the field I wanted to work in. I was stuck in it for over 2 years... lucky for me.. that means I get to collect unemployment as I'm looking for more work! I've got things going on... I moved in August... got my own little place. I still teach drawing on Sundays... started it up again this last Sunday. Got that indie film to finish and get the last payment for... I'm picking up little projects here and there. I just finished doing touch up for someone's website. Getting myself more active on the whole social/job networking thing. Got stuff to go to tomorrow.. Sunday... today is my relax day...
So looks like (outsode of the job thing) that things are going well for you!
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Ditroi's Avatar
Ditroi Ditroi is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
So looks like (outsode of the job thing) that things are going well for you!
yep yep! The nature of work is different in this industry compared to others. I had 2 years to prepare for it... so I'm all good!
__________________
All artists are obssesive compulsive... its what keeps us going!
The science inspires the dream, the dream creates the art...the art fuels the dream and continues to inspire the science!


http://www.dianahuang.com
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditroi View Post
yep yep! The nature of work is different in this industry compared to others. I had 2 years to prepare for it... so I'm all good!
That's fantasic! I do hope you get into Sundance.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Ditroi's Avatar
Ditroi Ditroi is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
That's fantasic! I do hope you get into Sundance.
Me too! If it gets in... it's a whole other ball game for me considering that they have given me the title of VFX Supervisor.
__________________
All artists are obssesive compulsive... its what keeps us going!
The science inspires the dream, the dream creates the art...the art fuels the dream and continues to inspire the science!


http://www.dianahuang.com
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditroi View Post
Me too! If it gets in... it's a whole other ball game for me considering that they have given me the title of VFX Supervisor.
You could be the next Matt Jefferies, Or Douglas Trumbull with VFX instead of models, as they did.
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Ditroi's Avatar
Ditroi Ditroi is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
You could be the next Matt Jefferies, Or Douglas Trumbull with VFX instead of models, as they did.
You know it! :P

3 years ago if you asked me if I had a real shot of doing this for a living... maybe even doing a little something for Star Trek someday I'd say its a far fetched goal that I dare not put my hopes in for... I'd be lucky to get any interesting work with all the competition out there.

Now... its wow... it just might be possible... gotta hang in there and keep going. Can't stop now!
__________________
All artists are obssesive compulsive... its what keeps us going!
The science inspires the dream, the dream creates the art...the art fuels the dream and continues to inspire the science!


http://www.dianahuang.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.