The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > 20th/21st Century History (Trek style)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2009, 12:55 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
Oh absolutely, I think that the cause and effect thing in relation to the way that things unfold is important. Just not the specific dates. The way I like to look at it, Khan hasn't happened yet. Maybe that is right around the corner. To me it makes more sense in the big picture to look at it that way, rather than to try and put a round peg in a square hole and say these things happened in the 90's, and we didn't see them. If that pushes back some of the other dates so be it.

All of the dates we are familliar with could easily be skewed to correct the lag in events. No progressive manned planetary space program, no WWIII (yet), no Khan-person (yet). I see the key to most of this is in relation to our perceived sequence of important events in ST is that there is a resumption of some serious human spaceflight in our "reality" and hopefully no WWIII or Khan happening to slow things down. Then we will start to see some approach to the bigger picture of Star Trek.