The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > "Really Alternate" Star Trek by Quentin Tarintino
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Commander

Default "Really Alternate" Star Trek by Quentin Tarintino

A while back I posted a thought/questionabout what a ST movie by QT would be like. I was watching "Jackie Brown" today and though much of that cast could play a middle aged version of our favorite crew. What do you think? I took some liberties with assigning some roles.

Pam Grier playing Jackie Brown in the role of Uhura.

Samuel L. Jackson playing Ordell Robbie in the role of a villian/Klingon.

Robert Foster playing Max Cherry as Kirk.

Bridget Fonda playing Melanie "Surfer Girl" Ralston in the role of Rand.

Michael Keaton playing Ray Nicolette in the role of Spock.

Robert De Niro playing Louis Gara in the role of Scotty.

Chris Tucker playing Beaumont Livingston in the role of "Red Shirt".

Tommy "Tiny" Lister playing Winston in the role of "CupCake".

Sid Haig in a serious, non-comedic portrayal of HC Mudd.

Denise Crosby- who I did not realize was in the movie, in the role of a female "Checkov".

Quentin Tarantino in the role of "Bones"

I am just starting to mentally form some dialogue that this "crew" would have!
Old 08-18-2009, 08:03 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, and then everyone would be shooting at each other all the time with body parts, intestines and brain matter flying all over the place and the entire movie would be a big blood bath. Thanks but no thanks.

Last edited by Lady Vaako : 08-18-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Vaako View Post
Yeah, and then everyone would be shooting at each other all the time with body parts, intestines and brain matter flying all over the place and the entire movie would be a big blood bath. Thanks but no thanks.

Actually, except for when two...three people get killed, which even then is much less than what one would see in most movies, the rest of the movie is more of a suspense-style mystery and is quite unlike his other movies. Dialogue driven, I guess one would say. Jackie Brown is a good movie.
Now Pulp Fiction is more to what you were describing and would be quite the violence you describe. Not good for a ST movie.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureguy View Post
Actually, except for when two...three people get killed, which even then is much less than what one would see in most movies, the rest of the movie is more of a suspense-style mystery and is quite unlike his other movies. Dialogue driven, I guess one would say. Jackie Brown is a good movie.
Now Pulp Fiction is more to what you were describing and would be quite the violence you describe. Not good for a ST movie.
In all fairness, I guess he probably could do ST but he would have to tone down his usual style considerably. Now that I remember, I've actually watched an episode of CSI that he had directed a while back and it wasn't so bad, it was just freaky. There wasn't any more violence than in a normal episode, just weird scenes involving some of the main characters having strange daydreams involving corpses on the autopsy table... Now the question would be: "Is there room in a ST movie for some really freaky stuff?" I'm not so sure...

Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 AM
Commander

Quote:
In all fairness, I guess he probably could do ST but he would have to tone down his usual style considerably. Now that I remember, I've actually watched an episode of CSI that he had directed a while back and it wasn't so bad, it was just freaky. There wasn't any more violence than in a normal episode, just weird scenes involving some of the main characters having strange daydreams involving corpses on the autopsy table... Now the question would be: "Is there room in a ST movie for some really freaky stuff?" I'm not so sure...
Was that the episode where the corpses were talking about how they were murdered? That was strange, but it was a well written premise.

Maybe if they do start a series, he could direct some episodes.

I wish one of the pay channels...HBO, Showtime could pick up on a future ST series, much like StarGate was.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureguy View Post
Was that the episode where the corpses were talking about how they were murdered? That was strange, but it was a well written premise.

Maybe if they do start a series, he could direct some episodes.

I wish one of the pay channels...HBO, Showtime could pick up on a future ST series, much like StarGate was.
He he, that reminds me of an 'alternative DS9 universe/series' I made up for a thread on Trek BBS... Actually, another poster the idea what DS9 would be like if it was "Star Trek: Terok Nor" with the station still controlled by Cardassians. I liked the idea and expanded on it, imagining what it would be like if "Terok Nor" was a dark and gritty HBO or Showtime drama (darker and grittier than Battlestar Galactica!) about Cardassian-run station during the occupation of Bajor, with a lot of explicit sex and violence and much more moral ambiguity - yeah, DS9 had it, but I mean, to a much higher extent - in the vein of "The Sopranos" or "The Shield".

New acclaimed HBO drama: Terok Nor

I think I am going to make a YT video with the credits, I already have found the music, I just meed to "cast" Dukat's wife and Tora Naprem. Oh, and I'm also adding the Bajoran black marketeer from "A Man Alone" to the list of regular characters.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Lieutenant

Speaking of which, how about: Star Trek characters playing the characters on The Sopranos? Characters - not actors.

Dukat as Tony Soprano (would also help to finally make all those Tony Soprano sex scenes much more pleasant to watch. And I wouldn't have to constantly wonder ' why do all those women want to have sex with Tony?')

Dukat's so far unseen wife as Carmela Soprano

Damar as Christopher Moltisanti

Kira Meru as Irina Peltsin

Tora Naprem as Gloria Trillo

Gul Dar'heel as Richie Aprile

Gul Madred as Phil Leotardo

Kira Nerys as Dr. Jennifer Melfi

Odo as Dr. Eliot Katzenberg

Yes, I am feeling silly today.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Are you kidding!! Some can't even handle basic prop design changes!

courtesy of Saquist
Old 08-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Fleet Admiral

Do you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese on Romulus?

They don't call it a quarter pounder?

No, they got the Romulan metric system, they wouldn't know WTF a quarter pounder is, they call it Praetor with cheese.