The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Films > Movies (I - X) > Nemesis should have been Kirk Clone
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Fleet Admiral

I guess you're right
I may not be following youc ompletely.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
Oh man, I think I am on the best way to leave a bad impression on these boards here. First complaining about DS9 not being Star Trek, then complaining about the Dominion Wars and now:

The script of Nemesis was among the most awfull I ever had to put my eyes on. You dont believe me? Then see the film again, but this time you hyptonize yourself with the words: "I am not a fanboy, I cant tell the difference between a Borg and R2D2. I am not a fanboy, I cant tell..."

If you do that, you will realize one thing: The average audience was bored by this movie like they would have been bored by... they where bored.

1. If you cant tell the difference between a Romulan and Spock, you have no clue why the opening szene in the Romulan Senate was of any interest.
2. If you do not know who the man with the beard and who the woman with the curled hair and the strange accent are, you do not know why you should care about their marriage and why the Klingon in Starfleet Uniform is drunk.
3. If you cant tell wether the robot with the pale face is called Dada or Dieter, then you have no clue why the discovery of his spareparts is of any interest either. That this aliens show up and threaten our heores doesnt even mean anything for the fanboys!
4. At the moment Shinzon shows up, you allready have forgotten the meaningless beginning of the movie and you find yourself planning your next holliday trip. So you decide you have better things to do and you therefor just go home.

Would it have helped to have a young Kirk Clone or Patrick Stewart in a double role?
Perhaps yes, as long as the script would have been skipped entirely before.
Botany, you're not leaving a bad impression. It's all about the opinions, makes it interesting when people don't agree, but I agree with you totally here. The Nemesis script sucked. The same writer wrote the remake of the Time Machine, which was pretty bad too, but he did write Gladiator and Aviator so not totally bad I suppose.

But anyway, it did hold too much on the assumption that people knew these characters and would get everything, that the audience would be all star trek fans. Other than that the script itself was ridiculous I thought and they just threw away characters at a whim, like Data. Well, I could go on, but I'm gonna stop now, basically it sucked, Insurrection wasn't bad, felt like a TNG episode, but not bad, Nemesis, it was a mess, a total mess.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Rear Admiral

Botany Bay...
I followed what you said just fine. It was a little sarcastic, but I followed it
Old 03-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
Botany, you're not leaving a bad impression. It's all about the opinions, makes it interesting when people don't agree, but I agree with you totally here. The Nemesis script sucked. The same writer wrote the remake of the Time Machine, which was pretty bad too, but he did write Gladiator and Aviator so not totally bad I suppose.

But anyway, it did hold too much on the assumption that people knew these characters and would get everything, that the audience would be all star trek fans. Other than that the script itself was ridiculous I thought and they just threw away characters at a whim, like Data. Well, I could go on, but I'm gonna stop now, basically it sucked, Insurrection wasn't bad, felt like a TNG episode, but not bad, Nemesis, it was a mess, a total mess.

That's right no reason to get bent out of shape about it...
variety means more to choose from.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Rear Admiral

Variety... That is why I like Buffets.