The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Star Trek Enterprise- Temporal Cold War Cancelled?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Lieutenant

Default Star Trek Enterprise- Temporal Cold War Cancelled?

Is this mod ever coming out? It looks very good and I want to play it, but it seems like no updates no status for the last half year. It's been in development since 2006. I am beginning to think it will be cancelled, as Enterprise is not very popular and Half Life 2 is an old, old game now.

It's a shame.

Another question, is what are the best Star Trek mods out there. I downloaded the RPG-X mod for Elite Force, and I downloaded the Enterprise-E mod for Elite Force II.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:11 PM
Rear Admiral

TCW was being made by fan I thought? And that person has not posted anything for over a year.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:34 AM
Ensign

you mean this?

http://www.enterprise-tcw.com/website/
Old 05-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Rear Admiral

Yeah,
I person logged on over a year ago and said that they were working on this game, and left that same link,
Old 07-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I was really looking foreward to TCW, it looked like such a good effort and it was being done by people with real talent, even the voice acting was really good.

I was going to buy HL2 just for this mod but it seems like its never going to come out which is a real shame, they should at least release what they have done, even a demo would be good.

I still dont understand the whole 'enterprise' stigma, I loved the series and people seem to forget that its not supposed to be trek, its supposed to be pre trek where things are not going to be the same as other series.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by R23 View Post
I still dont understand the whole 'enterprise' stigma, I loved the series and people seem to forget that its not supposed to be trek, its supposed to be pre trek where things are not going to be the same as other series.
Unfortunately the series was dragged down by the dumb temporal cold war idea fronted by Berman. Because enough bad time travel stories hadn't been floated around in previous Trek, time travel wasn't the same as other series? Jesus, it was the same old schlock carried over from tired, stale Voyager.

Manny Cotto arrived two seasons two late to save Enterprise.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Rear Admiral

And think Daniels sent Archer back in time to prevent the TCW mod from coming to pass...
Old 07-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukalaka View Post
Unfortunately the series was dragged down by the dumb temporal cold war idea fronted by Berman. Because enough bad time travel stories hadn't been floated around in previous Trek, time travel wasn't the same as other series? Jesus, it was the same old schlock carried over from tired, stale Voyager.

Manny Cotto arrived two seasons two late to save Enterprise.
Actually Braga came up with the idea and it might not have been a part of ENT if the studio had not pressed for "something futuristic".

I am no big fan of the Temporal Cold War theme in ENT, but it is not something that has been done before, at least not in Trek. So perhaps something like "I disliked (most of) the time travel stories in VOY as well as ENT" would be a more suitable way to express your opinion than comparing green with red apples.