The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Comments & Suggestions > Religion on the Forums.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Fleet Admiral

Heaven and Hell exists, it's right here

Old 07-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
That reminds me of a great satire from Eward Current, a channel on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkCuc...e=channel_page
You are doomed! Spreading such videos. I'm shocked.

OR, maybe you're not doomed. I'm not really sure. Let me know if lightning strikes you, OK?
Old 07-16-2009, 05:21 AM
Federation Councillor

Old 07-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Commander

Religion in itself is something that can tear a forum apart. I like to think I'm a good person for keeping an open mind about things of the nature, and I defiantly respect peoples viewpoints. However, if someone starts shoving it down my throat then I will fight back. Weather it be online or in real life, if you preach to me, I'll preach to you.

On a forum, for example, when topics like this start up an an argument like I mentioned before happens, both sides are going to blame the "fight" on the other, because in their mind they did nothing wrong and it was the other person that did.

Also, on another note, where are our lovely mods? I sent Redshirt a message the other day and she hasn't answered it. And my brother recently emailed me because his account hasn't been activated for about 5 days now.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffs79 View Post
Religion in itself is something that can tear a forum apart. I like to think I'm a good person for keeping an open mind about things of the nature, and I defiantly respect peoples viewpoints. However, if someone starts shoving it down my throat then I will fight back. Weather it be online or in real life, if you preach to me, I'll preach to you.

On a forum, for example, when topics like this start up an an argument like I mentioned before happens, both sides are going to blame the "fight" on the other, because in their mind they did nothing wrong and it was the other person that did.

Also, on another note, where are our lovely mods? I sent Redshirt a message the other day and she hasn't answered it. And my brother recently emailed me because his account hasn't been activated for about 5 days now.
But, as I have personally said about 1,000,000 since joining, that we should take pride in our diversity. I'm not religous personally, but I show respect for others belief systems. Becuase we should be able to say like civilized folks, "I may not belive in what you belive, but I WILL defend your right to belive it, and to talk about it." I may debate someone's stance on something the belive, but never their belief in it.

Star Trek has allways said this throughout 5 series and 11 films. Tolernace, accptance of ideas that may not be yours. IDIC, my freinds, IDIC.