The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > my ear hurts
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 06:15 AM
Admiral

Curious to know how trekie is doing.
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 07-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Commander

went to Doctor yesterday, been sleeping a lot. I have a inner ear infection , that is causing me pain and dizziness. It feels like the whole room is spining. The fever comes and goes, but I am sure when the antibiotics kick in I will be feeling better.Man I have not had one of these since I was a teenager. I knew it was more omplicated when My allergy meds did not work.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Lieutenant Commander

At least you can take the antibiotics...the two inner ear infections I had, (one in each ear, about eighteen months apart), I was pregnant both times; couldn't take anything, for fear of hurting the baby. Now I have two ruptured eardrums...no swimming, which I don't do anyway, and have to use a Q-Tip to get the water out after a bath or shower. And they still hurt bad every once in while, when my allergies act up.

Proud Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab!!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Kinda disappointed in you guys. You now d*mn well if you defy orders those eels will pop right out on their own.

Last edited by Howlin' Wolf : 07-11-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Commander

I'm petrified of doctors, and even more petrified of being anesthetized. And guess what? Yep, that's right, I'm going to have it done to me next week. I can't begin to tell you how terrified I am. People die from anesthesia all the time, and I am in mortal fear of it, and yet, if I don't have this procedure, I'll always have the problem and it's a bad problem. It's catch 22 I tell ya'.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Lieutenant Commander

I have always had a sneaky feeling that I am just too dam hard to kill....I woke up in the middle of a tubal ligation...but since I was still numb from the waist down, I just watched what they were doing, in a mirror over the table I was on. The docs were scared when they realized I was awake; I wasn't!

Old 07-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCat View Post
At least you can take the antibiotics...the two inner ear infections I had, (one in each ear, about eighteen months apart), I was pregnant both times; couldn't take anything, for fear of hurting the baby. Now I have two ruptured eardrums...no swimming, which I don't do anyway, and have to use a Q-Tip to get the water out after a bath or shower. And they still hurt bad every once in while, when my allergies act up.
Very strange your doctor did not give you Antibiotics. I am om Amoxi, which was the same stuff I was on when I was pregnant and very sick. I could not take anything for the mucus or for the fever other than tylenol and the antibiotics she put me on.The Sucks that your doctor could not help you and now you suffer from it. It is scary to have ear infection. My mother went on treated and now can hear out of the right ear.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:57 AM
Lieutenant Commander

be cause of a genetically inherited sydrome that I and both of my kids have, we don't take any drug unless we are in danger of dying. Too many antibiotics can affect how well your heart works, and since ours are not in good shape from the start, we have to be careful about how any medicine will affect that. since an ear infection can not kill you, my doctors said I did not have to take anything unless I insisted. I was not about to insist, because I already knew how bad my heart was then...and did not want this syndrome to get any worse for my kids.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:40 AM
Commander

^ fair 'nuff.

It is true that antibiotics aren't something that should be taken indiscriminately.

@trekie. It's good you went to the doctor to get everything sorted.

Sucks incidentally that people can't get anything from the chemist for blocked up ears unless they go to the doctor!!
(I've tried to do so before.)