The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > First Details On Star Trek Movie Blu-ray – including Features and Deleted Scenes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Fleet Admiral

I'm interested in seeing the deleted scenes, especially the ones featuring the young Kirk and Spock and their families. As far as an extended version of the film, I would have mixed feelings about that. I think that the scenes of the young Kirk and Spock could work, but I think JJ and co made the right decision cutting the Klingon storyline from the film (as much as I would have liked to have seen the battle with the 47 ships).
Old 06-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
Or...maybe they're going to pull a Jackson: release the movie in it's theatrical version, get us all to buy it and then, a year later, release the "extended" version we all wanted in the first place so we buy that too....
Except in the case of Peter Jackson, we knew in advance what we were getting. He even maintained that the 'preferred' cut of LOTR was what we saw in theaters (and I agree with him, although I still bought both versions. I miss the days when my job actually kept up with the cost of living).

I think it really all depends on the director. If he 'sees' the possibility for another edit of his film to exist, than maybe it's worth the time/money to color-correct the spliced film, re-edit the music and add new effects. If not, we instead get raw video-assist captures of the material with time code stamped on them. Either way, I think most directors agree they had the material cut for a reason. Which is probably why the term 'director's cut' seems to have fallen out of favor.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwiseb View Post
Except in the case of Peter Jackson, we knew in advance what we were getting. He even maintained that the 'preferred' cut of LOTR was what we saw in theaters (and I agree with him, although I still bought both versions. I miss the days when my job actually kept up with the cost of living).

I think it really all depends on the director. If he 'sees' the possibility for another edit of his film to exist, than maybe it's worth the time/money to color-correct the spliced film, re-edit the music and add new effects. If not, we instead get raw video-assist captures of the material with time code stamped on them. Either way, I think most directors agree they had the material cut for a reason. Which is probably why the term 'director's cut' seems to have fallen out of favor.
I didn't even believe Jackson when he said that. After seeing the first "Extended Edition" I gave my theatrical version to a friend and decided I'd wait for all of the extended editions.

As to those who experience "bladder issues" that's why this is okay to do on DVD....hit pause!

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 06-25-2009, 03:37 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilEyes View Post
Can't wait to see those deleted scenes! It seems they cut a lot of stuff with Amanda and Sarek, that will be interesting to see. And OMG about the last one mentioned!!
Winona giving birth, that could be interesting.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:21 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
Winona giving birth, that could be interesting.
Poor Winona - it seems that most of her scenes were edited out of the movie! Including all those in which she did not have old-age makeup. If they had remained in the movie, it would look less like stunt casting.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I wonder if you will get any extras for pre ordering like we did with the DS9 & Voyager series?

Bonus Dvds for Voyager & DS9 sell for about 40 bucks on ebay.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Fleet Admiral

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW2nJBj3TTI

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-