The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Star trek enterprise should return for a fifth season and more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Fleet Admiral

Archer's Theme is what I was referring to. SO much better than what they had.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Is Archer's theme played in the ending credits? It sounded faintly familiar.
Yes, the second half of it is played in the ending credits.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Ensign

Quote:
...Who is nowadays familar with details from the 19th century and why should historical knowledge increase so dramatically only because of new technologies?...
Come on. No way you can think that. We know a great deal about the 19th century, even minor details. People can trace the day to day events of their relatives from the 19th century. I have access to portraits, items they owned, diaries, etc. All before even photography. Not some wealthy family, poor, poor farmers.

There is no way events from ENT should not have been known to TNG crew. In the last ENT episode, there were detailed hologram programs about the ENT voyages. The mistakes in ENT were very common. After about the 5th time you have to use the reasoning that people forgot, you no longer have any consistency other then the lack of it.

In the big picture, who cares, it was just a TV show, but to make out that the events of ENT to TOS, TOS to TNG, or even ENT to TNG, was a smooth canon, is flawed.

Last edited by thanis : 06-02-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
So in short, the show sucked because it was too much like TOS, not TOS and unlike TOS. That's the most empty critique usually aimed at ENT, complaining at the same time that things are similar (the troika) and different (e.g. an unexperienced and excited captain).
Yeah i guess i delved to much of personal bias into that but if anything my point was Star Trek was dead to the studio and ratings dropped. This caused the studio to end the show just like every other studio does when one of their shows are failing. Star Trek is nothing more than a money maker to the studio. That would be my point sir. That stuff about TOS was just my opinion as to why fans might not of liked the show.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanis View Post
There is no way events from ENT should not have been known to TNG crew.
Section 31? Use your imagination. Every little detail in the history of Trek needn't be explained on the screen. All it takes a little imagination to fill in gaps.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Yes, the official First Contact was in the TNG episode 'The Last Outpost', but.....

Indeed it transpired that Picard had actually already encountered the Ferengi 9 years earlier, as described in 'The Battle'. Though he didn't know they were Ferengi til later.

Actually "the Last Outpost" the first visual contact with the Ferengi. The indicates the Federation has dealt with them before, maybe Picards ordeal on the Stargazer was the first contact
Old 06-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
Section 31? Use your imagination. Every little detail in the history of Trek needn't be explained on the screen. All it takes a little imagination to fill in gaps.
After a while, when you keep using the same reason to fill in the gaps....they forgot, it was covered up, you no longer are using imagination.

Star Trek canon history has been broke for a long time. ENT did not help. It is not a big deal, but it is what it is.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:46 AM
Lieutenant

I was (I guess) one of the few that really liked Voyager. Well, Seasons 3-6 for me were really cool. But anyway, I digress...

I tried watching the first few epis of Enterprise and first off, just couldn't get around that they had named a ship "Enterprise" before and it was never mentioned. OK, I said, just keep watching. But the formula and the chemistry of the cast is what never caught on for me. After about 8 shows, I just stopped.

However, I happened to catch 2 episodes from season 4 last night, and it had a differnt beginning (cool, not that cheezy pop song) and they all seemed to be in the mirror universe. Was this an arc for the season? ANd if so, I found THAT rather cool.

"I'll never lose you!"