The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > school
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Vice Admiral

Spokthecool. We should talk via PM. Since I live near you I think I know what things are like in your area.

It's okay to ask for advice regarding style and fashion, but ultimately you are the one that dictates your own style.

I was always a jeans and T-shirt kind of guy. I know for girls it can be a bit more complex, but you have plebty of options.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Lieutenant

your a good person thanks
i love nm i lived here for 10 years
Old 06-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Vice Admiral

Dont worry about high school in itself much because it will be over in two years. If anything you should be thinking ahead about college, assuming you will be going. Your good friends now will still be when high school is over. You will drift away from some. Thats normal. Actually, I'm a little envious. These days you have social networking, IM and video cams. I didnt and I pretty much lost touch with everyone. If a great friend moves a couple hours away, and you both liked gaming while in school, you can both still get together and kick a*s against zombies.

As or styles and such, think about what looks good to you. Not passable or ok... but good. Black T-shirts are very casual. Same with faded bluejeans. But school isnt a farm. Well... actually *good* black shirts and unfaded jeans can look cool so long as they arent heavily outworn and you dont wear Nikes. Youre not Michael Jordon. But dont blow a wad of cash on designer clothes either. People that do are more interested in impressing a clique than anything else.

Semi-casual shirts or well-made T's. Dockers. Newish but comfortable jeans, not stonewashed. Appropriate belts (Dockers-type belts and bluejean belts are not the same) Casual shoes (Reeboks or whatever, just not the athletic white ones) with socks that work with them. White socks dont work with medium brown shoes. A couple of full-button shirts in nice subtle colors for the dressy occasions. My fav dress shirt is a medium dark subtle green with a black tie. Looks much better than a white shirt.

Subtle colors are always good. Dressing entirely in drab earth tan colors or all black/gray is boring. And... I must say it... wearing a T-shirt with Enterprise on the front to school isnt a great choice either. Much better places to wear it at. Oh and as for colors, also consider looking at some that work with your eyes. Dont laugh. I know thats usually said for girls but if it looks better so what?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Commander

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffs79 View Post
interesting stuff there.
Yeah, well...I was kind of a little bastard back then.
I've mellowed considerably since, but I had an even lower opinion of the human race at that time in my life; as I once told someone back in high school who thought me cruel and harsh: "Lesser beings are the playthings of my will."
Like I said; I've mellowed.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Lieutenant

you guys are right i always will be myslef ad i hope i could visit some of you when i get older
Old 06-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Lieutenant

Samuel is right- high school will be over in a couple of years (although I know it seems like a lifetime, right now!) Focus on preparing for your future. As for your friends, you cannot control what they do. Ultimately, you must make your own choices and accept that others do the same, sometimes with unfortunate and truly sad results. But, as I recently told a young woman who'd left a gang and was worried about her friends- she had to look out for herself. You must do the same.

Personally, I have found great comfort and guidance in my spiritual beliefs. Your 'inner voice', if nothing else, can help when you are confused and worried.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Lieutenant

your right your all right