The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Why Spider-Man 3 was a problem for me...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Rear Admiral

Default Why Spider-Man 3 was a problem for me...

Hey, that title rhymes! *Hey, I have work in an hour so I'm just trying to cheer myself up in the meantime, lol! Anyway, back to the main point of this thread...

Spider-Man 3 was not that bad of a film, however compared to the other two movies it wasn't that great. I mean, first of all, there was just too much going on in the story. The villians were a little too many and there was less focus on Peter and his personal life. The main problem, was this wierd symbiotic alien that randomly comes from outer space. It just all seemed so perfect, yet out of place. Then there's the whole Eddie Brock thing.

Flint Marko was great as the Sandman, but there wasn't that much focus on him since we also had to fit in Harry Osbourne and the New Goblin. It was just a very mixed plot to me. The first two films had focused villians and we got to know them, where in this movie, everything just seemed mixed and out of place.

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable
Old 06-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Admiral

I have to agree with you on this one. They should have led up to the sybiote starting to take him over and then show eddie brock merging with it but leave venom to his own movie.
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Commander

Gods, I remember making photo-comics for my blog mocking this film.... :P
I too was extremely disappointed, to say the least.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Fleet Admiral

Lots of folks' main problem with the movie was Peter's song and dance number. LOL!

Old 06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Ensign

My problem was him suddenly turning into an emo. I have no problem against emos, it just isn't Peter Parker-like
Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Lieutenant

although the two sequels were massive hits financially, i think that they didnt reach the dizzy heights of the first film. the second was ok but i found the 3rd movie way over cooked. I hope they learn from these and hit us with a great spidey adventure in the 4th installment.

Starbase Britain
Old 06-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Someone in the theater said "Oooh scary" and I busted out laughing when he messed his hair up a little and then he was Bad/Dark/Emo Peter Parker.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
Someone in the theater said "Oooh scary" and I busted out laughing when he messed his hair up a little and then he was Bad/Dark/Emo Peter Parker.
Haha, exactly! Can you imagine if someone like Michael Myers or Jason Voorhees took off their masks and revealed themselves to be the emo version of Peter Parker?

Old 06-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Rear Admiral

Unhappy Arrrggghhh!!!!

Arrggghhhh!!!
Spidey-3 is a very real sore spot for me. When the (supposed) curse of the three-quel is ever discussed this movie must be included along with Godfather 3, Terminator 3, Xmen 3 and Return of the Jedi as super-sucky letdowns of films that follow great first and second installments . Sorry Quark, it is that bad! Particularly when compared to 1, a great film, and 2, the best of the three and my fav. The contrivances and co-inky-dinks of 3 make those of the Trek movie seem like brilliant, insightful plotting by comparison.

The alien lands, of all places on earth, a few yards away from Peter.
Peter's rival just happens to be in the very church where Peter is having his battle of control with the symbiote and at exactly the right time!
Then Brock hears what's going on he happens to position himself in exactly the right spot for the symbiote to fall (drip) on him, thus giving him an alter-ego (like his rival) and the powers to do battle with his rival's alter-ego.
Peter's rival's GF is also Peter's GF's rival (and becomes this rival because she happens to be saved by Spidey when she just happens to be put in a life or death situation by another of Spidey's nemesis')!

I could go on but I would go on and on. Spiderman 4 has got to be better. I'm ready for it.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Fleet Admiral

I gotta be honest, none of the Spiderman movies were anything great, and #3 was the nail in the coffin.