The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Terminator Salvation - Major Spoilers Here
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoskal View Post
Don't worry they are sure to make another one ,with an ending like the one they had, maybe Summer will be there i'd love to see her, she's awesome in the show, and a fair sight prettier than any of the other T-800 models. I also loved this film. head and shoulders above T3
I'd like more too. McG had a trilogy in mind, but hasn't the box office takings been poor so far??
Old 06-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Vice Admiral

it was a watchable movie ,nothing more the effects were good but the story was weak,without arnie and cameron terminator is a bore
Old 06-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrek79 View Post
it was a watchable movie ,nothing more the effects were good but the story was weak,without arnie and cameron terminator is a bore
I thought the story was very good. Arnie was in it, dude.
tbh, it was always kind of silly how many "Arnie Terminators" Skynet had?
Old 06-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Commander

In my opinion The story was far more cohesive and with far fewer plot holes than the new Trek, I saw the movie twice and the only thing I could nitpick about it was how the resistance seemed to be SO WELL SUPPLIED...planes...trucks....l cars...loads of amo.. and guns...all kinds of computer interfaces apparently not infiltrated in some fashion by skynet, and a medical facility and personnel capable of doing a heart transplant. That's not a resistence...that's a frackin full fledged military. But outside of that little point it was solid.

-Free Enterprise

Last edited by radoskal : 06-06-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Commander

radoskal

this thread is to discuss TERMINATOR not an excuse to hate on STAR TREK.

please keep on topic.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Commander

Quote:
Wow....i make one refrence to Trek....and get jumped on...sheesh me and my big mouth guess I can't say that I liked terminator more than trek then...huh cause thats a big no no....just my opinion dude! relax, besides I am discussing Terminator...the rest of the post did deal with the film did it not?
I'm tired of agendas, friend. that's all.

as to the hardware the resistence had, would have been a damn poor war movie without it, not really a plothole.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Commander

I don't have an agenda, just an opinion, just like you...which I attempt to express in a cohesive and respectful maner, , don't want to get under anyone's skin. As for The resistence I just think the resitance should have been more covert with there activities to reflect that the hardware they had was rare and of high value...

-Free Enterprise

Last edited by radoskal : 06-06-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Commander

Quote:
I don't have an agenda, just an opinion, just like you...which I attempt to express in a cohesive and respectful maner, , don't want to get under anyone's skin. As for The resistence I just think the resitance should have been more covert with there activities to reflect that the hardware they had was rare and of high value...
I have no opinions. remember what Dirty Harry says about those

but you could just talk about one movie without needing to have a go at another.

as to the hardware again, we don't know how many planes, etc. they actually had, but you surely agree that they wouldn't last long without it.

also, with the deaths of Ironside and company, Connor is now leader of the resistence as opposed to being a "prophet" and is known worldwide.
while being a messiah to the cell that he was a member of he was not in charge, until he returned from the submarine
am I correct?
Old 06-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post

also, with the deaths of Ironside and company, Connor is now leader of the resistence as opposed to being a "prophet" and is known worldwide.
while being a messiah to the cell that he was a member of he was not in charge, until he returned from the submarine
am I correct?
That was the impression I got

-Free Enterprise
Old 06-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Commander

Quote:
That was the impression I got
so what position did he hold in the resistence at the beginning of the movie.

he was held in contempt by the Olsen character. was he a barely tolerated prophet because that the leaders didn't dare risk removing for fear of the soldiers turning against them