The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Terminator Salvation - Major Spoilers Here
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009, 07:40 AM
Commander

Default Terminator Salvation - Major Spoilers Here

finally got to see it yesterday.
I loved it.
McG did some damn fine work on this and hasw proven himself as a great action director.
I wish he'd take over the TRANSFORMERS franchise and I wish he had made GI JOE (because that looks terrible)
some good permformances from the actors too
I liked that Anton Yelchin's Reese is already a competent fighter when we see him first
can't say as I thought much of Sam Worthington though. he wasn't bad by any means, but I wouldn't run out to rent his previous films.

I have some questions for those in the know:
1) Bale's voice reminded me of Edward Furlong every now and again. Was Bale using the same accent?
2) is the voice of Sarah Connor on the tapes Linda Hamilton?
3) I think the movie's producers were also involved in the TV series, and I recall the rumour that there would be a reference to the series in the movie, but I missed it (I haven't finished the series yet so no spoilers please)
4) Connor tells Marcus "you killed my mother..." does this mean that SALVATION follows the new timeline of the TV show and disregards T3 (which has many inconsistences with the previous movies), and Sarah doesn't die of cancer but a Terminator kills her
Old 06-06-2009, 07:42 AM
Fleet Admiral

Linda Hamilton is the voice on the tapes. I didn't notice any reference to the TV show. I think Connor told Marcus that he tried to kill his mother, whereas he told him that he killed his father.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
I think Connor told Marcus that he tried to kill his mother, whereas he told him that he killed his father.
imdb backs you on this

cheers
Old 06-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Fleet Admiral

Spoiler video
Cameo in official ad

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 06-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Fleet Admiral

I really wished they would have included a reference to the TV show, like maybe have a Summer Glau cameo. That would have been awesome!

I enjoyed the movie and think that it's a lil better than T3 after seeing it for the second time.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Spoiler video
Cameo in official ad
yes the Arnie scenes were superb.
I had read he was involved but completely forgot until the Arnie Terminator appeared.

does anyone know why the makers chose to reveal that Marcus was a Terminator in the trailers. I would have prefered to not know just to see if I could figure it out myself?
Old 06-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
yes the Arnie scenes were superb.
I had read he was involved but completely forgot until the Arnie Terminator appeared.

does anyone know why the makers chose to reveal that Marcus was a Terminator in the trailers. I would have prefered to not know just to see if I could figure it out myself?
I don't know for sure why they did that, but I would suspect it was due to that being leaked last summer (as well as the original ending).
Old 06-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Commander

Quote:
I don't know for sure why they did that, but I would suspect it was due to that being leaked last summer (as well as the original ending).
I knew of the original ending (that whole idea made no sense), b ut the script was barely changed (heart transplant instead of skin transplant), but personaslly I had known of Marcvus' secret until that trailer

btw, any idea which scene in the film is the one where Bale lost his temper with the idiotic DP?
Old 06-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DammitJim View Post
I knew of the original ending (that whole idea made no sense), b ut the script was barely changed (heart transplant instead of skin transplant), but personaslly I had known of Marcvus' secret until that trailer

btw, any idea which scene in the film is the one where Bale lost his temper with the idiotic DP?
I knew that Marcus was a Terminator a long while before the leak as well. Casting info really spoiled that, but there was hardly a way for an internet surfer like myself to avoid it.

I'm not sure which scene it was...We may never know.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Commander

Quote:
I really wished they would have included a reference to the TV show, like maybe have a Summer Glau cameo. That would have been awesome!

I enjoyed the movie and think that it's a lil better than T3 after seeing it for the second time.
Don't worry they are sure to make another one ,with an ending like the one they had, maybe Summer will be there i'd love to see her, she's awesome in the show, and a fair sight prettier than any of the other T-800 models. I also loved this film. head and shoulders above T3

-Free Enterprise