The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Should Spock Prime share future knowledge?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJones View Post
That would've been France.
It is not in NATO... not militarily anyways.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Ensign

I've been told that in a deleted scene the Narada damaged after it was rammed by the Kelvin. Klingons captured the ship. 25 years later, Nero escaped from imprisonment, reclaimed the Narada, took out 47 Klingon warbirds.

In addition, I guess some of the screen writers stated that some of the observed advancements in Federation tech was based on the scans the Kelvin had made of the Narada, and sent back to Star Fleet (via the shuttles).

In addition, back ground states the Narada was build with a mix of salvaged Borg crafts by the 24th century Romulans. So imagine the advancements the Klingon have made after 25 years of reverse engineering, and not just scans.

You can argue the above is canon or not, but it is what the screen writers stated and will be available on the DVD deleted sceens. I'm inclined to believe Spock Prime will share, as who knows what the Klingons learned from the Narada after 25 years.

IMO, the question of if Spock should or would share information is closed. He will or the weakened Federation does not have a chance.

Last edited by thanis : 05-31-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanis View Post
I've been told that in a deleted scene the Narada damaged after it was rammed by the Kelvin. Klingons captured the ship. 25 years later, Nero escaped from imprisonment, reclaimed the Narada, took out 47 Klingon warbirds.

In addition, I guess some of the screen writers stated that some of the observed advancements in Federation tech was based on the scans the Kelvin had made of the Narada, and sent back to Star Fleet (via the shuttles).

In addition, back ground states the Narada was build with a mix of salvaged Borg crafts by the 24th century Romulans. So imagine the advancements the Klingon have made after 25 years of reverse engineering, and not just scans.

You can argue the above is canon or not, but it is what the screen writers stated and will be available on the DVD deleted sceens. I'm inclined to believe Spock Prime will share, as who knows what the Klingons learned from the Narada after 25 years.

IMO, the question of if Spock should or would share information is closed. He will or the weakened Federation does not have a chance.
It's still a non-issue because the Klingons learned as much as the Feds did with their scans. It's not like they ever set foot on the Narada or gleaned any more info from it than the Feds did. Plus they lost 47 ships where the Feds only lost 7 I think it was? And unless the Fed fleet that was elsewhere is larger than 40 some ships then the Feds were already behind as it was.

The Feds are really no worse of with the loss of the Vulcan planet than the Klingons are. It's not like the Vulcans were a heavy military force to be dealt with.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venger View Post
It's still a non-issue because the Klingons learned as much as the Feds did with their scans. It's not like they ever set foot on the Narada ..
You must know more then I do about this. How did they capture Nero but not, "...set foot on the Narada"?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

You're correct, I'm just guessing like everyone else since it was never expanded upon. I figured he was captured off ship.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanis View Post
You must know more then I do about this. How did they capture Nero but not, "...set foot on the Narada"?
Lets say they got Nero... what about the rest of the guys? Where did they go?
Old 05-31-2009, 06:24 PM
Ensign

I was told they got Nero, ship, and crew. I don't know enough about it, as I did not read any novels or the interviews.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Commander

If the Klingons got Nero, the crew AND the ship and lost them.... It would be incredibly incompetent of them. Remember that Nero's crew are not even the Romulan Military. As I have said elsewhere, I can see Nero using the captured Kelvin shuttle to do a reconnaisance and get his bearings and while doing so get captured by the Klingons and his crew having to repair their ship, then find their captain and rescue him...

But any competant Klingon commander that could capture the whole bag of them would likely shoot all but a few officers who would spend much time in the brain sifter. There would be two hundred armed Klingon Warriors along with the technicians ripping Naranda apart, there would be a dozen cobalt bombs installed ready to blow the ship to bits if it were in danger of falling out of Klingon hands, and the prisoners would NEVER be allowed near their ship again. Near as in even in the same system.

Nero getting captured and then eventually freed by his crew is plausible.

Nero, the ship, and the crew getting captured and THEN escaping requires a level of incompetance that would simply be unbelievable from the Klingons.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagami Crewman View Post
If the Klingons got Nero, the crew AND the ship and lost them.... It would be incredibly incompetent of them. Remember that Nero's crew are not even the Romulan Military. As I have said elsewhere, I can see Nero using the captured Kelvin shuttle to do a reconnaisance and get his bearings and while doing so get captured by the Klingons and his crew having to repair their ship, then find their captain and rescue him...

But any competant Klingon commander that could capture the whole bag of them would likely shoot all but a few officers who would spend much time in the brain sifter. There would be two hundred armed Klingon Warriors along with the technicians ripping Naranda apart, there would be a dozen cobalt bombs installed ready to blow the ship to bits if it were in danger of falling out of Klingon hands, and the prisoners would NEVER be allowed near their ship again. Near as in even in the same system.

Nero getting captured and then eventually freed by his crew is plausible.

Nero, the ship, and the crew getting captured and THEN escaping requires a level of incompetance that would simply be unbelievable from the Klingons.
IDK, and I guess.

I was told the ship repaired itself (being Borg based). I was also informed that you might be right about the shuttle, and that the ship was repaired enough to cloak prior to Nero and a few crew leaving (prior to being captured). Then during the events of the movie, as Kirk & crew are at Star Fleet, the ship assists in Nero's break out, resulting in the 30+ Klingon ship losses.

Until I read it, I'm not sure, but it does sound like in interesting back story.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I've seen people say the ship is borg based several times and I doubt a mining ship would even have a cloak. I've heard people mention a book as well. Is this book a foot note addition for the movie to explain the intricacies or what? Is it a tie in with the movie?