The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > How many times have you seen......
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

I'd forgotten about RHPS... (I don't really think of that experience as going to a movie... it was always more of a weekly Saturday night party...) I think I went to RHPS just about every Saturday night for three years... So that's what? About 150 times?

Although, to be fair, the main reason I did so was the 'til dawn party we'd all go to afterward...

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
I'd forgotten about RHPS... (I don't really think of that experience as going to a movie... it was always more of a weekly Saturday night party...) I think I went to RHPS just about every Saturday night for three years... So that's what? About 150 times?

Although, to be fair, the main reason I did so was the 'til dawn party we'd all go to afterward...

It's just unreal how popular that movie is. When I was on the cruise during the first Persian Gulf deal that movie came on one night and I thought man this'll go over like sh*t. A bunch of squids that have been out to sea for 2 months and their gonna show this? It was funny actually, after it was over I got up and went down to the galley and all I heard on the way there was "Let's do the time warp agaaaaaiiiinnnnnn! You never can tell.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

RPHS is a "rock n' roll" peice of interractive theatre... and it helps that it has an absolute KILLER soundtrack. The movie absolutely bombed when it was first released. It didn't find it's audiance until the "midnight movie" craze of the late 70's and early 80's.

A lot of really cool movies became midnight cult fodder: Ralph Bakshi's Wizards, A lot of John Water's early films, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Dark Star, Fantastic Planet, Forbidden Zone, among many, many others....

But Rocky had the advantage: It was a musical that you could get up and dance to... AND it encouraged the audiance to let their weirder natures out... cross dressing, bisexuality, and a generally accepting atmosphere was fostered in those audinaces. (which is why the pafter parties were so addictive... I got a LOT of action at those passion pits! At times, it was like being in the movie "Short Bus" LOL)

Rocky is a great "DB" filter, to this very day... Take someone to Rocky, and see how they react. If they get into the audiance participation, they're probably pretty cool. If they just sit there an ***** about how these people are spoiling the flick... well, there you have it: they're a DB.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:47 AM
Midshipman

I've seen this movie 5 times now, how ever I got a free ticket from AMC so I'm gonna go again later
I've seen the Lord of the Rings as a whole 6 times
I've seen Pirates of the Caribbean, the first one 8 times(once in Ireland...no joke)
and I normally see most movies twice cause my parents are divorced so they both want to see a movie with me...lol
Old 05-31-2009, 08:03 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsyeoman View Post
and I normally see most movies twice cause my parents are divorced so they both want to see a movie with me...lol
You know, I bet you have a most awesome outlook on life.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlin' Wolf View Post
You know, I bet you have a most awesome outlook on life.
um...sure
Old 05-31-2009, 08:21 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsyeoman View Post
I've seen this movie 5 times now, how ever I got a free ticket from AMC so I'm gonna go again later
I've seen the Lord of the Rings as a whole 6 times
I've seen Pirates of the Caribbean, the first one 8 times(once in Ireland...no joke)
Welcome to the forum!

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-31-2009, 09:16 AM
Commander

Batman Begins twice, The Dark Knight twice, Star Trek twice, Transformers twice, Grindhouse twice, wanted so badly to walk out of Dragonball and the Spirit, but had to review them.....my soul was burned those days. *twitch*
Old 05-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Captain

I have seen this movie 5 times. Ironically the only two movies I didn't see on the big screen are my two favorites! I have no idea what was going on in my life when TWOK came out that I didn't get to see it, (but I bought the CED Videodisc the week it came out) and I was in the hospital when Nemesis came out.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
I saw Star Wars 37 times on it's original late 70's release. (and I met some life long friends in line)
Eleven times here. I still can't believe it. Understand, there was nothing like it. I was 19 years old and with "Star Wars" my world exploded.

Today, I'm enjoy watching everyone getting onboard with this new Star Trek and I can relate to their wonder and awe.