The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > I don't care what you say, I liked the romance(SPOILERS)!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #231  
Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
AyanEva AyanEva is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko Kea View Post
The romance....it seems several people see the transporter scene as a bit much with Uhura tagging along, etc. Would it help to know that in the book she was there for a reason and not just running after her man? She pinned Kirk with his translator/communicator thingy first (so he could communicate/understand in Romulan) and then moved next to Spock. That's what she was talking about when she said she'd be monitoring his frequency.

I think Spock had serious doubts about his actually coming back, despite his remark to Uhura. And, she had to know it was a longshot, especially since Nero had it in for him. So, let them have a quick kiss and a few whispered words.
Now see, THAT makes so much more sense with regard to why she was in the transporter room. They really should have put that/left that in the movie.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 AM
erruve erruve is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiko Kea View Post
The romance....it seems several people see the transporter scene as a bit much with Uhura tagging along, etc. Would it help to know that in the book she was there for a reason and not just running after her man? She pinned Kirk with his translator/communicator thingy first (so he could communicate/understand in Romulan) and then moved next to Spock. That's what she was talking about when she said she'd be monitoring his frequency.

I think Spock had serious doubts about his actually coming back, despite his remark to Uhura. And, she had to know it was a longshot, especially since Nero had it in for him. So, let them have a quick kiss and a few whispered words.
These kinds of edits for time make things look stupid. Hopefully it was shot and will end up in the DVD.

~
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 05-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Kiko Kea Kiko Kea is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Paradise
Posts: 464
Default

I'm hoping they stuff the DVD absolutely full of deleted scenes!
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 05-28-2009, 10:17 AM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
Yeah, I got the impression that, like Kirk, he pretty much climbed on board with only the clothes on his back and whatever cash he hadn't spent on booze. Very scruffy, probably hadn't showered in a few days, probably still slightly drunk. That's interesting about his father. Poor thing! Such horrible luck. But s'okay now. He's got Jim.

omfg I just love those two together.
And 3 years later he tells Kirk to study his ***.
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 AM
AyanEva AyanEva is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
And 3 years later he tells Kirk to study his ***.

OMG KIRK/MCCOY IS CANON! FER REALZ, GAIZ!


Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:07 AM
starwarsrcks's Avatar
starwarsrcks starwarsrcks is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 3,062
Default

I too liked the romance it was sweet and not overdone.
__________________



Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 10-11-2009, 10:21 AM
janeway72's Avatar
janeway72 janeway72 is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Federation Starship Voyager
Posts: 4,977
Default

Are you just going through the entire board resurrecting new threads for the sake of it or is there a purpose? Are these burning questions you have had for the past 5 months?
__________________

"Unless you have something a little bigger in your torpedo tubes, I'm not turning around!"
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 10-11-2009, 04:37 PM
DigitalLonestarX's Avatar
DigitalLonestarX DigitalLonestarX is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
Are you just going through the entire board resurrecting new threads for the sake of it or is there a purpose? Are these burning questions you have had for the past 5 months?

hey let the idiot have his post count :P
__________________

GOD Emperor Of The Trekkies
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 10-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Vincent Cain's Avatar
Vincent Cain Vincent Cain is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,488
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalLonestarX View Post
hey let the idiot have his post count :P
Actually, a she.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 AM
Zardoz's Avatar
Zardoz Zardoz is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere In The Future
Posts: 31,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeway72 View Post
Are you just going through the entire board resurrecting new threads for the sake of it or is there a purpose? Are these burning questions you have had for the past 5 months?
LOL....maybe they are???
__________________
"High Priestesses Of Zardoz" By Eliza's Starbase Of Avatars Copyright 2009."
"Zardoz Speaks To You, His Choosen Trek Fans."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:15 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.