The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Burger King toys
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-26-2009, 05:16 AM
Illinoisguy1's Avatar
Illinoisguy1 Illinoisguy1 is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 159
Default

I was wondering something.

What does the BK's do with the left over toys, glasses?

Do they return it to the distributor or whatever for a refund/credit?
Do they throw them out?
Do they give them away to employees?
Do they donate them to charity?



I was lucky enough to score a second complete set of glasses from a friend for free.

Plus I was able to complete my toy collection.

So if it did indeed end on Monday then I'm glad I was able to complete my collection.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-26-2009, 05:57 AM
captain spock's Avatar
captain spock captain spock is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Planet Vulcan
Posts: 102
Default Burger King website

The website for the burger king stuff is still up and doesn't give a "end date" I just seen the ad on TV so I can't believe they'd end it already.

http://www.clubbk.com/Toys/Default.aspx
__________________
"In any case, were I to invoke logic, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." -- Spock
  • "Or the one." -- Kirk (Star Trek II)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-26-2009, 08:40 AM
AyanEva AyanEva is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain spock View Post
The website for the burger king stuff is still up and doesn't give a "end date" I just seen the ad on TV so I can't believe they'd end it already.

http://www.clubbk.com/Toys/Default.aspx
I'm just the messenger. That's why I called their corproate offices and aksed because I wasn't sure. This was on Thursday that I was told this and then all three of the BK's that I called (in two different states) confirmed the date.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-26-2009, 08:43 AM
PrairieDawn PrairieDawn is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland at present
Posts: 23
Default

The bobble heads are kind of horrible looking in my opinion too, but if they can get my three year old princess obsessed daughter running around saying stuff like, "This is my favorite toy! This is Uhura-lady. She flies in her spaceship and rescues people and she's really smart. She has her own radio too! See!" I'm kinda sold. Even if she does push that #$%!! button on the back 10 or 15 times a minute.
__________________
Faith Manages--Delenn
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Ditroi's Avatar
Ditroi Ditroi is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieDawn View Post
The bobble heads are kind of horrible looking in my opinion too, but if they can get my three year old princess obsessed daughter running around saying stuff like, "This is my favorite toy! This is Uhura-lady. She flies in her spaceship and rescues people and she's really smart. She has her own radio too! See!" I'm kinda sold. Even if she does push that #$%!! button on the back 10 or 15 times a minute.
HAHA! That is awesome! Go Uhura! You go get that girl power!
__________________
All artists are obssesive compulsive... its what keeps us going!
The science inspires the dream, the dream creates the art...the art fuels the dream and continues to inspire the science!


http://www.dianahuang.com
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-26-2009, 11:18 AM
NCC-73515's Avatar
NCC-73515 NCC-73515 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Posts: 7,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDH-313 View Post
This isn't a really big deal to me, but I just wanted to make a point here.

I don't know about the actual toys because I don't have those specific ones yet, but the images in the original post of this thread show a communicator & a tricorder that look like the TOS versions, not the ones from the new movie (although I admit the tricorder is silver, not black.) But don't take my word for it; I offer the following images as evidence:
Now I understand. The pictures obviously show prototypes that were designed after the TOS props. The final toy design is much more like the movie props.
__________________


"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-26-2009, 12:33 PM
NCC_1701A's Avatar
NCC_1701A NCC_1701A is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 243
Default

I have all four glasses now!
__________________
And thats my opinion. (Disclaimer) My opinion's should always be regarded as facts.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Ditroi's Avatar
Ditroi Ditroi is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC_1701A View Post
I have all four glasses now!
Congrats! I'll have to be happy with my 3... minus Nero. I snoozed. I don't know why but I'm not crazy about Nero or Eric Bana although he was wonderfully intimidating. He wasn't a must have item so I waited to long... ran out.
__________________
All artists are obssesive compulsive... its what keeps us going!
The science inspires the dream, the dream creates the art...the art fuels the dream and continues to inspire the science!


http://www.dianahuang.com
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
CDH-313's Avatar
CDH-313 CDH-313 is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
I'm just the messenger. That's why I called their corproate offices and aksed because I wasn't sure. This was on Thursday that I was told this and then all three of the BK's that I called (in two different states) confirmed the date.
Went back to a local (Central CA) BK today (Wed. May 27) and got the Enterprise. it didn't appear to me that the promotion was over in any way; the display for the glasses was still standing there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Now I understand. The pictures obviously show prototypes that were designed after the TOS props. The final toy design is much more like the movie props.
While I was there, I saw that the actual tricorder & communicator toys are the versions from the new movie. I agree that the ad artwork was generated before they had finalized the toys. Just found it interesting.
__________________
. . . just an old-school Trekker getting by in a newfangled galaxy.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM
AyanEva AyanEva is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDH-313 View Post
Went back to a local (Central CA) BK today (Wed. May 27) and got the Enterprise. it didn't appear to me that the promotion was over in any way; the display for the glasses was still standing there.
Good stuff then! More people will have a chance to get their glasses and toys.

My dad is visiting tomorrow and bringing up my "collectible" set. I'm already having fun drinking out of "usable" set.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.