The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > The BEST Star Trek movie rant parody ever?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

the ending need to be changed to

Spock dies, Kirk insults him by calling him human, his son loves him. no one cares about the cadets and Kirk feels young now that Spock is dead. Everyone goes home. The End.

A cold, thoughtless film which should be hated by all fans of the original trek

Works for me!

LOL

~
Old 05-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Ensign

The hardcore types never accept anything trek related at first glance. It takes them time to warm up to it.

They feel they own the trek franchise and they have made the franchise into their own. Any time something new comes out, it rocks their idea of what trek is and it takes them time to adapt.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by triox View Post
The hardcore types never accept anything trek related at first glance. It takes them time to warm up to it.

They feel they own the trek franchise and they have made the franchise into their own. Any time something new comes out, it rocks their idea of what trek is and it takes them time to adapt.
Which is somewhat entertaining when you consider that Trek has been a dying franchise since the mid 90's... it's like that mom who won't let her son have chemo to save his life.

"No, JJ! Don't save our beloved Trek! The ghost of the Great Bird of the Galaxy will save it with his magic spells!"
Old 05-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I really do wonder if II or even TMP came out now how bad they would be torn apart from some of these people.

The Motion Picture is ridiculous. The Enterprise has been completely redesigned just to look flashier and better in the movie. A giant "thing" is approaching earth and must be intercepted first because it is dangerous. We know this because it just blew up three Klingon Battlecrusier's. The unfinished Enterprise at Earth is the only ship that can intercept it. Never mind this "thing" is coming from Klingon space and the only ship that can intercept it is unfinished Enterprise? Talk about a plot hole. Why didnt the Klingon's just invade seeing how stupid starfleet apparently is? Anyways, Enterprise goes off to intercept and, oh darn, the engines dont work. Never fear, it was just a plot device it get Spock on board because despite being out of starfleet, he knows more about the new engines then the chief engineer who installed them. So they they get going, find the thing, and convince it to stop attacking them. Then they spend half the movie stareing at pretty clouds, and the hull of the alien ship as they fly inside it. Eventually they find out it was just the episode "The Changling" from TOS with better special effects and are able to save the day. Why would any true Star Trek fan believe this crap? Its just a lousy atempt to bring back Star Trek after it was cancelled years ago. This is an insult to the intelligence of Star Trek fans everywhere to expect them to believe a story based on ilogic, coincidence and a contrived plot that was as afore mentioned pulled out of the original show. Obviously the writers did not care about a good story or plot. Just looking to make some money while ignoring the intelligence of the original series.

Last edited by NCC_1701A : 05-27-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Vice Admiral

Stop bashing this brilliant film

Space is disease and dangerous wrapped in darkness and silence-Leonard Bones McCoy
Old 05-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Just saying, you can tear down anything if you want to.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

OP: I look forward to your scathing review of "The Wizard of Oz" wherein you explain how it's really an alagory to a lesbian finding enlightenment in the acceptance of her own sexuality.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
OP: I look forward to your scathing review of "The Wizard of Oz" wherein you explain how it's really an alagory to a lesbian finding enlightenment in the acceptance of her own sexuality.
OP of the thread here. I didn't write this, just found it and reposted it for its brilliance.

I don't think the original writer was serious, but it is a great parody of all the Trekkies *****ing and nitpicking about every little thing that doesn't make sense.

I mean, for frak's sake, they found a fake God created by people's thoughts in the center of galaxy beyond an "impenetrable barrier" that they penetrated and yet people are complaining about this movie? lol.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post

.....O.o

Ok, now I'm waiting for that one.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC_1701A View Post
I really do wonder if II or even TMP came out now how bad they would be torn apart from some of these people.

The Motion Picture is ridiculous. The Enterprise has been completely redesigned just to look flashier and better in the movie. A giant "thing" is approaching earth and must be intercepted first because it is dangerous. We know this because it just blew up three Klingon Battlecrusier's. The unfinished Enterprise at Earth is the only ship that can intercept it. Never mind this "thing" is coming from Klingon space and the only ship that can intercept it is unfinished Enterprise? Talk about a plot hole. Why didnt the Klingon's just invade seeing how stupid starfleet apparently is? Anyways, Enterprise goes off to intercept and, oh darn, the engines dont work. Never fear, it was just a plot device it get Spock on board because despite being out of starfleet, he knows more about the new engines then the chief engineer who installed them. So they they get going, find the thing, and convince it to stop attacking them. Then they spend half the movie stareing at pretty clouds, and the hull of the alien ship as they fly inside it. Eventually they find out it was just the episode "The Changling" from TOS with better special effects and are able to save the day. Why would any true Star Trek fan believe this crap? Its just a lousy atempt to bring back Star Trek after it was cancelled years ago. This is an insult to the intelligence of Star Trek fans everywhere to expect them to believe a story based on ilogic, coincidence and a contrived plot that was as afore mentioned pulled out of the original show. Obviously the writers did not care about a good story or plot. Just looking to make some money while ignoring the intelligence of the original series.
I dont really hate TMP. I was just trying to show how I think it would be received now by some of the people who hate XI. Although the the part about Vger coming to Earth strait from Klingon space and zero Federation ships in between does really bother me.