The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > angels and demons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJTrek View Post
I think it's pathetic that you allow simple religious bias to completely dictate whether a movie or book is good or not. I am a Christian, although an admittedly not very faithful one, but I enjoyed the books extremely and just saw Angels & Demons.

I thought the movie was excellent, and saw it with a lady-friend for her birthday. I think I'm going to have to re-read it to compare the movie and book. It's definitely better than The DaVinci Code was as a movie.
hmm for all intents and purposes it would appear to me as if the author (Dan Brown) had a personal vendetta against the Catholic church. (no I'm not catholic, not even close) and i don't really see what jtrek's post had to do with religious bias... he's just being sensible and not wanting dry tasteless material shoved at him.

I've got one more book to shove into my pile of rejects... Lord of the Flies. actually a rather good book if you want to learn about the depravity of the human species however because it was rather forced at me instead of a book i picked up on my own I rather loathed reading it.