The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > American Idol
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Vice Admiral

Default American Idol

This years season just ended.

SPOILER!!!!!

Adam did NOT win!!!!!

Instead Kris (maybe Chris) won. I think it is obvious wayyyyy too many tweeny and teeny bopper females watch American Idol. There is no other way to explain how a musically and vocally inferior contestant could win. Adam rocked American Idol this year and showed he was the most talented in every regard. He was a bit over the top at times, but that should NOT have been a detractor. Kris, on the other hand, is attractive and the girls LOVE him!! Even my gay friends drooled when they saw him!! His awkward sideways jaw didn't bother them!!

Anyone else watch American Idol? Any agree with me? Disagree?

Last edited by MrQ1701 : 05-20-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Vice Admiral

Wow! NOT a single American idol watcher in the group.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Rear Admiral

I was a work but Adam was just Glam and Show.
The guy can sing, but I really can not stand for singers to cry when they sing. It's not really singing.

But, since he came in second, like in traditional Idol Fashion, Adam will come out on top.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:56 AM
Fleet Admiral

I watch it when I'm not at work. I haven't really cared about A.I. since a couple seasons ago. I did get a couple of votes in for Kris this year (never had so many busy signals).
Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

I live and work in Conway, Arkansas. This whole thing is ridiculous. I'm hoping that it will all just blow over soon, and we can all get our sleepy little college town back.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Commander

I watched it yesterday, does that count. I felt the the boy that looked for down to earth won. The other boy could sing better than him, of what I heard last night.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekie View Post
I watched it yesterday, does that count. I felt the the boy that looked for down to earth won. The other boy could sing better than him, of what I heard last night.
I think it was pretty obvious Adam (the other boy, not the down to Earth one) was more talented vocally and musically. Since much earlier in the show he would change up songs and make them his own. I admit he was very glam and at times would show off by holding a note for a very long time, but that only showed he could SING!!!

My "ball and chain" knew Kris would win as soon as the final two was known. She said all the girls are in love with how "hot" he is and it was no longer a singing or talent show. I was surprised she ended up correct. It's no big deal though, I have a feeling Kris will be one of those American Idols that is easily forgotten while Adam will be a shining new star in the music world.

Fan, I too hope you get your town back to normal!!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

It hardly matters. Half the time, the #2 winner seems to have the better career than the one who gets "locked in" to working for Simon for a year by winning the #1 spot! Whereas the #2 winner can pick and choose from various offers made by other record companies.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
It hardly matters. Half the time, the #2 winner seems to have the better career than the one who gets "locked in" to working for Simon for a year by winning the #1 spot! Whereas the #2 winner can pick and choose from various offers made by other record companies.
I did not know this. I don't know where I got the idea, but I thought both the top 2 had deals with the American Idol people.

p.s. I hope you are right though, because that would mean Adam may get a larger contract by being #2!!! That would be great, almost like saying "take that AI voters!"
Old 05-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
I was a work but Adam was just Glam and Show.
The guy can sing, but I really can not stand for singers to cry when they sing. It's not really singing.

But, since he came in second, like in traditional Idol Fashion, Adam will come out on top.
I didn't like Adam. His screaming he does didn't sound right to me. It was weird. Kris was more marketable anyway. THis may have been a statement on sexuality...if that's true America just needs more time. Homosexuality is accepted in dance I'm always plused why certain traditions tend to get run over.

Learn that some people like their traditions.
Create your own traditions.

Both will have successful careers and Kris is likely to do nada.
He wasn't as talented or creative but he may be moldable. I'd buy a CD from him in a hurry. We'll find out.

Adam was odd. It depends on the music he does...but I'm not a kiss or Queen fan SOO if he follows Kara's advise I won't be buying anything from him unless extraordinarily good.