The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Abrams' Five-Year Mission with Paramount
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Commander

Default Abrams' Five-Year Mission with Paramount

Although a sequel to the recent Star Trek film is slated for 2011, it's uncertain whether Abrams will direct it or the third Star Trek film the cast is contracted to make as Abrams' contract with Paramount expires in 2011. He first signed on with Paramount to a five-year contract in 2006.

Source: Memory Alpha website.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Abrams will the next two.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Ensign

If the next film is a success, provided that Abrams doesn't find something drastically more interesting to do, I can pretty much guarantee he'll return to at least produce the third.
There have been men before … who got so interested in proving the existence of God that they came to care nothing for God himself… as if the good Lord had nothing to do but to exist. There have been some who were so preoccupied with spreading Christianity that they never gave a thought to Christ. - C.S. Lewis
Old 05-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius is the Worst View Post
If the next film is a success, provided that Abrams doesn't find something drastically more interesting to do, I can pretty much guarantee he'll return to at least produce the third.
I don't see Abrams as the kind of guy that sticks to one thing over too long a stretch of time. His career is full of quite varied projects, and he's quite literally one of the busyiest men in Hollywoood.

It's a mistake to think he has nothing better to do with his time than produce high budgetted Trek eye candy for Trek geeks.

Last edited by chator : 05-18-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
I don't see Abrams as the kind of guy that sticks to one thing over too long a stretch of time. His career is full of quite varied projects, and he's quite literally one of the busyiest men in Hollywoood.

It's a mistake to think he has nothing better to do with his time than produce high budgetted Trek eye candy for Trek geeks.
Agree with you.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post

Yes, but this is a massive tentpole franchise, which he has now successfully rebooted. It's one thing to produce a sequel (MI:III), it's another to breath completely new life into a highly successful franchise. Like I said, I doubt he'll return to be massively involved in installment after installment, but if the next one is a success, you can bet on his involvement on some level.
There have been men before … who got so interested in proving the existence of God that they came to care nothing for God himself… as if the good Lord had nothing to do but to exist. There have been some who were so preoccupied with spreading Christianity that they never gave a thought to Christ. - C.S. Lewis