The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > The death of the old...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2009, 07:21 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCat View Post
when and where was the Tribble? I didn't catch it... must have been when the boyfriend asked a question, LOL
The Tribble is on Scotty's deck on Delta Vega.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSalon View Post
The Tribble is on Scotty's deck on Delta Vega.
LOL I missed that little guy, will have to keep my eyes open the next time.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudson View Post

At this point my biggest issues
Uhura seemed a bit of a Sl*t when it came to Spock.
Spock seemed a bit of a Horndog when it came to Uhura.
I don't mind sl*ts as long as it is the right sl*t.

Is there something wrong with being horny?

Maybe your personel issues are causing these feelings. Instead of spending ten bucks on a movie ticket you should see a therapist.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSalon View Post
I don't mind sl*ts as long as it is the right sl*t.

Is there something wrong with being horny?

Maybe your personel issues are causing these feelings. Instead of spending ten bucks on a movie ticket you should see a therapist.
Personal attacks is all you can come back with?

I have no problem with with either. However, there is both a time and place for everything. 1) Spock is a commander, Uhura was what, A Ensign or Lieutenant. 2) There on the "Flagship" of the Federation. Not the "Love Boat". if they would have used some discretion, maybe, as they where directed they came across as the terms I used. 3) This was not in-character with either. The Uhura Character might have always been eye candy. But Nichelle Nichols played her with class and Style. Not just the onboard Sl*t. Again, bad directing for 2 of the main characters.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Midshipman

Quote:

I have no problem with with either. However, there is both a time and place for everything. 1) Spock is a commander, Uhura was what, A Ensign or Lieutenant. 2) There on the "Flagship" of the Federation. Not the "Love Boat". if they would have used some discretion, maybe, as they where directed they came across as the terms I used. 3) This was not in-character with either. The Uhura Character might have always been eye candy. But Nichelle Nichols played her with class and Style. Not just the onboard Sl*t. Again, bad directing for 2 of the main characters.
But Spock's just lost his whole planet culture and, even more importantly, his mum! Uhura clearly likes his and feels sorry for him, many relationships begin or progress like that. Sometimes it seems us women can't win, when we are distant and professional we are described as "cold" or "frigid", when we make clear we have feelings, we're sl*ts or hysterical, dude, give us a break!

Personally, I think they got the balance right with Uhura, she is feisty professional and emotional but she rejects Kirk a) Because he's too obviously trying to lay her, b) Because he simply hasn't worked hard enough, yes, he can recite the basic areas of linguistics but that seems just to impress (Pike is of the same opinion, by the way, and tells Kirk he obviously has the brains but he needs the training), and last but not least c) More than likely, he simply isn't her type. Spock on the other hand ticks all those boxes. Just an educated lady making an informed emotional choice.

Clariana
Old 05-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
I would hardly call what I wrote a personel attack. If anyone was attacking it was you who called Uhura a sl*t and Spock a horndog. They are people expressing themselves. There is nothing inherently wrong with sex. To someone who feels there is, I'm sorry.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Fleet Admiral

I see, two people who are in a relationship are slu*s/horndogs and Kirk is just a normal guy. Seems as if someone got things mixed up and tries to discredit promiscious people by calling them names. Lovely behaviour.

Last edited by horatio : 05-13-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Uhura seemed a bit of a Sl*t when it came to Spock.
Spock seemed a bit of a Horndog when it came to Uhura.
Dude.... just... wow. I cannot judge your viewpoint towards their performances but you are the only one I've read who was that harsh. In general however those two words typically mean people who behave a certain way towards many members of their preferred sexual orientation and not just a current or potential partner. If you put on your Spock ears and performed a highly erotic dance with your partner its love. But if you danced that way with every woman on the floor then yea... you might be a sl*t.