The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Thank you and apologies (Minor spoiler)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbler View Post
They'll build their civilisation on another world, make some babies and who knows, maybe they'll get round to building some new giant grim statues.
Not if the Cylons catch up with them first.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
Hopefully they'll pick some place with a bit more shrubbery.
"We are the Vulcans who say Ni!"

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
"We are the Vulcans who say Ni!"
Just don't say "it" around 'em.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Commander

Old 05-08-2009, 04:21 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
First, I want to thank the moderators for fixing my disaster involving the Code for the Spoiler tag. I am not a good coder and I think you can see proof of that

Second, I want to apologize if I have upset anyone. I am probably one of a very few people who remember watching Star Trek at the age of 3. My Mom is a massive Star Trek Fan and she could not get enough of the episodes when they came on and so I would sit on the sofa with her at Grandmothers house and watch. (Grandmother is big star trek fan too)

This movie actually hurts. the destruction of Vulcan was unwarrented, and unnecessary. I interpertet (SP sorry I amazed my professors with my spelling errors back in the day) this as Abramsdisaster saying, "Look what I can do to your precious universe," Its the one thing that has actually raised my blood pressure. Can you imagine how hard it was not to speak about this till the movie came out?

And as I said if I made anyone upset or angry at me, I apologize.
I understand why you are feeling the way you are, really I do, but if you would consider that the very fact that prime Spock still knows about the Prime universe, Kirk, and Scotty, and young Spock, if it had of been replaced by this new timeline, it would have wiped his memory of it.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Lieutenant Commander

The destruction of Vulcan show what the best of Star Trek has done before. The franchise ain't afraid to take risks.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Ensign

When I came out of the movie I was like "OMG AWESOME" but I also thought "I kinda feel bad...40 years of trek history was changed in 2 hours"

But fact is, the original timeline still exists, as mentioned before, it's perfectly intact, all the events that took place still took place but its just we're watching Trek from a new perspective, so think of of this way. Would you rather have seen this movie with nothing changing, no worry of anyone dying, you knew what was going to happen?

This way, the original timeline has not been altered and everything has been respected to a 100% extent, but in the new "Abramverse" (I like that term btw) presents a new aspect or new possibility with so many things that could take, but still upholding all the past Trek we care about.

I say bring it on, because we still get to see all the old characters but still preserve everything, but with new spontaneous events and actions AND possibilities.

That's just my opinion anyway

As long as the prime universe is intact I'm happy
Old 05-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
I understand why you are feeling the way you are, really I do, but if you would consider that the very fact that prime Spock still knows about the Prime universe, Kirk, and Scotty, and young Spock, if it had of been replaced by this new timeline, it would have wiped his memory of it.
I agree.. this very movie you dub the "Abramsdisaster", Magnum, acknowledges the very timeline you are talking about. We even SEE the prime timeline in Nero, his crew, the ships, old Spock and in a mind meld!!! Nero and Spock talk about it.

As I have stated before, I'm a Trekkie since the early '70's. BUT I do recognize this as science FICTION! IT DOESN'T EXIST!!!