The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Movie Discussion/ SPOILER reviews HERE - *SPOILERS* enter at own risk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2009, 06:28 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase63 View Post
The engineering sections just seem too huge for there to be much else in the secondary hull...unless there's no crew quarters down below...maybe they took the bowling alley out too...
That's how the constitution was.
crew quarters in the saucer.
engineering and cargo in the secondary.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pike View Post
Anyone. Does the Enterprise score direct hits on the Narada with her phasers or photon torpedos or is it just those missile they are firing at coming at them and is Pike giving the orders to fire on her? When Nero says in the trailer "Fire Everything!!" which ship is he firing at? Also do we see any shield effects?

Only after the Narada is crippled by the red Matter and Kirk offers a peaceful end, (which nero refuses) does the enterprise launch everything she has at her. When Nero yells fire everything, it's when young Spock is piloting the Jellyfish to ram the Narada.

I didnt see any shield impacts, and I think that was explained, 1 hit took out the shields pretty much. The Narada's borg enhanced weapons went through the shields like it was nothing. Hence the shields were never really visable after the first strike. After the encounter with the Narada, the Enterprise pretty much avoids direct contact with it, even going as far as to hide in saturn's orbit to mask her from the Naradas sensors.

I'm amazed the Kelvin survived that long for 800 people to get off board asap!

One thing that did kinda stand out... the transporter...... When could you beam at such long distances. Star Trek 6.... The enterprise nearly had to be in orbit around the planet were the Kit. Accord was to be signed to transport down and save the president. Remember spock counting down till they were with in transporter range? Or did Scotty come up with his special formula after star trek 6????
Old 05-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Vice Admiral

The only time my eyebrow wrinkled just a tiny bit was with Scotty's cabbage-faced friend. Somehow, Pegg managed to pull off the scenes without them getting too Jar Jar Binks-ish... but it was a close call! Kudos to Pegg's comedic timing.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmajere View Post
Only after the Narada is crippled by the red Matter and Kirk offers a peaceful end, (which nero refuses) does the enterprise launch everything she has at her. When Nero yells fire everything, it's when young Spock is piloting the Jellyfish to ram the Narada.

I didnt see any shield impacts, and I think that was explained, 1 hit took out the shields pretty much. The Narada's borg enhanced weapons went through the shields like it was nothing. Hence the shields were never really visable after the first strike. After the encounter with the Narada, the Enterprise pretty much avoids direct contact with it, even going as far as to hide in saturn's orbit to mask her from the Naradas sensors.

I'm amazed the Kelvin survived that long for 800 people to get off board asap!

One thing that did kinda stand out... the transporter...... When could you beam at such long distances. Star Trek 6.... The enterprise nearly had to be in orbit around the planet were the Kit. Accord was to be signed to transport down and save the president. Remember spock counting down till they were with in transporter range? Or did Scotty come up with his special formula after star trek 6????
Remember Relics? Since Scotty is still alive in TNG maybe he came up with it after Nemesis?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pike View Post
Anyone. Does the Enterprise score direct hits on the Narada with her phasers or photon torpedos or is it just those missile they are firing at coming at them and is Pike giving the orders to fire on her? When Nero says in the trailer "Fire Everything!!" which ship is he firing at? Also do we see any shield effects?
I don't recall seeing any shield effect, but i do remember the scene when young Spock lured Narada away from earth. You can see the enemie missiles going right through the Enterprise neck, and near the end of the movie, when young Spock destroyed red Matter , Kirk ordered the crew to finish off the Narada, while it was trapped in the portal. Right after Nero refused to surrender.

Nero last words are: "I have been waiting for this day. This day of reckoning."

Last edited by spartan128 : 05-08-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Captain

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
There were crew quarters, a back-up sick bay, another secondary bridge (in case the ship was operating with the saucer separated) and recreation facilities in the secondary hull if you go by the old Franz Joseph blueprints...which of course can be seen many times in Trek movies on bridge schematics...does that make them canon?
Old 05-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Commander

Quote:
does that make them canon?
You also wish to make all the Okudagram in-jokes just as legitimate?
Or is this another pick and choose situation?

Old 05-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Midshipman

Default reborn, reset, resplendent

Loved the movie ... here's a review with background, spoilers, and complete explanation .... Star Trek: Reborn, Reset, Resplendent
Old 05-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
There were crew quarters, a back-up sick bay, another secondary bridge (in case the ship was operating with the saucer separated) and recreation facilities in the secondary hull if you go by the old Franz Joseph blueprints...which of course can be seen many times in Trek movies on bridge schematics...does that make them canon?
Yep, I guess so...

Old 05-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Weren't the large windows at the base of the hull from TMP onwards supposed to be the Arboraetum?

courtesy of Saquist