The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Movie Discussion/ SPOILER reviews HERE - *SPOILERS* enter at own risk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Hailing Frequency Zach's Avatar
Hailing Frequency Zach Hailing Frequency Zach is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15
Default

I'm glad everyone likes my review so far
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-07-2009, 05:57 AM
andyp's Avatar
andyp andyp is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 70
Default

Keep your walkman on and let your Grandmother form her own opinion, By the way using your Grandmother as a way for YOU to see the movie...... Priceless.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Natural Natural is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12
Default

I lol'd.

I don't mind negative reviews, just think about what you post and how to structure it before you do.

Star Trek maybe dead for you, but it isn't for us. And im loving Trek more than ever at the moment

Enjoy your Trek free world. I feel sorry for you =(
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Hailing Frequency Zach's Avatar
Hailing Frequency Zach Hailing Frequency Zach is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 15
Default

This new Star Trek is great. Enjoy the movie.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Magnum Magnum is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp View Post
Keep your walkman on and let your Grandmother form her own opinion, By the way using your Grandmother as a way for YOU to see the movie...... Priceless.

I tried to talk her out of it. My other thought was to let her see it and sit in the car but I know she would be quite sad if i did.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-07-2009, 06:06 AM
trekguy trekguy is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3
Default

HUGE SPOILER
Spoc quoted in the movie, That an ALTERNATE Timeline had been created.
If you were a real Star Trek fan:
1. You would have listened, without ignoring half the movie.
2. You would know this is not the first time a Timeline has been created in Star Trek.

The other movies HAVE happened, However, Not in the same Timeline as the new Movie. A New timeline was created the moment Nero came through and attacked Captain George Kirk.

1 Example of an Alternate Timeline:
The Evil Universe, shown in most of the Star Trek series.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-07-2009, 06:07 AM
Magnum Magnum is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural View Post
I lol'd.

I don't mind negative reviews, just think about what you post and how to structure it before you do.

Star Trek maybe dead for you, but it isn't for us. And im loving Trek more than ever at the moment

Enjoy your Trek free world. I feel sorry for you =(
The problem is, I do not want my world Star Trek Free. And I had a disaster with this when I typed it the first time, I clicked something and the whole window closed and I lost everything so I was typing rather fast trying to remember what I typed the first time. No for those who wondered. I already saw the movie, I do not need to see it again. I am going with my grandmother because she enjoys chatting with me and would be very sad if I did not go with her. And I enjoy her company. Besides she may convince me this is a good movie. She has done that for other films before.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-07-2009, 06:10 AM
AyanEva AyanEva is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,452
Default

I didn't read the spoilers but I loved the non-spoiler review! That's awesome that you had a full house even without any advertising! Word of mouth works wonders, evidently.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-07-2009, 06:10 AM
Magnum Magnum is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekguy View Post
HUGE SPOILER
Spoc quoted in the movie, That an ALTERNATE Timeline had been created.
If you were a real Star Trek fan:
1. You would have listened, without ignoring half the movie.
2. You would know this is not the first time a Timeline has been created in Star Trek.

The other movies HAVE happened, However, Not in the same Timeline as the new Movie. A New timeline was created the moment Nero came through and attacked Captain George Kirk.

1 Example of an Alternate Timeline:
The Evil Universe, shown in most of the Star Trek series.
DS 9 and the Star Trek Enterprise went back to the Mirror Universe and kept it alive. I hope Paramount does the same for the normal Star Trek Universe. Thats all I am asking. Keep this universe of Abrams, but please every once in a while make a movie about the normal universe too.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-07-2009, 06:13 AM
KiwiTrekFan KiwiTrekFan is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 65
Default

Another hats off moments to the past series and movies:
  • Admiral Pike's uniform at the end of the movie. It was similar to the one Kirk wore as an Admiral in TMP if I remember correctly.
  • Scotty saying "I'm givin' her all she's got Cap'n!!"
  • Old Spock saying to Kirk, "I am, and always will be, your friend" - exact same line from TWOK if my memory is correct.
  • Vulcan testing thingees (I don't know the names) much like Star Trek IV with Spock on Vulcan.
  • While not a direct reference, Chekov's "wictor wictor..." moment reminded me so much of "I'm looking for Nuclear Wessels!"
  • Kirk's still youngest to become Captain in Starfleet
  • "I'm a doctor!! Not a physisist!!!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.