The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > That's it, I'm not going Friday...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Captain

Cool

Rest assured my review will be somewhat more in depth...
Old 05-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Fleet Admiral

Mine already is.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Captain

Cool

Yes, I will have some kind of notepad with me...
Old 05-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase63 View Post
A note pad? You're joking right? Holy Moley!..thanks to the internet and online forums now we have people going to movies with laptops and notepads to critique a movie and plaster a review that very few will read online. My gawds! What ever happened to the movie experience...the smell of popcorn, the sloshing of ice cold soda, the rattle of candy in the box? All the while barely contained anticipation for a movie that you have been waiting so long to see. Far be it from me how to tell you how to enjoy you movie going experience...but is a note pad nessesary? You won't be able to articulate what you have seen from memory? I guarantee you one thing you will miss more of the movie trying to write down minutae than actually seeing it. Besides yours and any one elses "review" in this forum will be strickly biased one way or another anyway. Go get extra butter on your popcorn and splurge on a bigger drink. Please don't cheat yourself out of this experience.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Captain

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
A note pad? You're joking right? Holy Moley!..thanks to the internet and online forums now we have people going to movies with laptops and notepads to critique a movie and plaster a review that very few will read online. My gawds! What ever happened to the movie experience...the smell of popcorn, the sloshing of ice cold soda, the rattle of candy in the box? All the while barely contained anticipation for a movie that you have been waiting so long to see. Far be it from me how to tell you how to enjoy you movie going experience...but is a note pad nessesary? You won't be able to articulate what you have seen from memory? I guarantee you one thing you will miss more of the movie trying to write down minutae than actually seeing it. Besides yours and any one elses "review" in this forum will be strickly biased one way or another anyway. Go get extra butter on your popcorn and splurge on a bigger drink. Please don't cheat yourself out of this experience.
Mouse? I've been a writer several times in my life, it's nothing new or different for me.

And I'm capable of writing notes while not necessarily looking at the paper, so your guarantee doesn't hold in my case. Sorry. But thanks for your concern over my enjoyment of the movie.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:54 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Mouse? I've been a writer several times in my life, it's nothing new or different for me.

And I'm capable of writing notes while not necessarily looking at the paper, so your guarantee doesn't hold in my case. Sorry. But thanks for your concern over my enjoyment of the movie.
I have been a courtroom and forensic artist that does not mean I going to sketch scenes during the movie? That sounds like work and I am there to enjoy a movie...just thought I would mention it. Beside no one would be particularly interested int the renderings anyway?
Old 05-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Captain

Cool

I've reviewed movies, concerts, etc, been able to take notes yet still enjoy myself...
Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I've reviewed movies, concerts, etc, been able to take notes yet still enjoy myself...
That is kewl Bro...Happy hunting
Old 05-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Midshipman

Default IMAX me baby!

Quote:
Believe it or not, I'm going Thursday...just ordered my tickets.

Anyone who wants to join me, be at the Regal Stadium 14 in Stratford, CT, the 7pm show.

I'll have the official sb63 review on Friday...I'm obliged to post it first across the street at st.com, so it'll be here shortly after.
Sorry you couldn't get into the IMAX showing. As I said to you over at ST.com, I'm at the 7 PM show at a theatre near my house. Just me, so that I can have that private moment with Star Trek. (Oh, baby!) After that, I'm racing across DC to hook up with college buddies who are seeing it there. On Saturday, date night with the wife at, what else, the movie! (Couldn't believe she would ask me if this was too much viewing for one movie. Yeesh!)

I look forward to your review, and will share mine on your thread. Take care, SB!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Commander

Quote:
Not here to knock your note taking but the movie is only two hours. Isn't it just easier to memorize the bits that you want to make note of? That's what I do.