The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Special Outfit for the movie?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Ensign

Default Special Outfit for the movie?

So, has anyone got a special outfit planned for the movie? Anybody going in costume or something?

I'm going to wear a Star Trek T-shirt myself, and I'm going to buy myself a phaser and tricorder to wear too. If I'm feeling adventurous, I'll probably make myself up as a Vulcan, but I'm not sure if I'll do it or not. Usually I don't do this for movies, but I'm going all out for a TOS Trek movie!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Captain

Black shirt, blue jeans, cowboy boots. Yes, "cowboy" is a color.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Nah, I was going to buy a TOS gold command shirt, but decided to wait cuz I want to buy one of the high end new movie versions. Just going to wear a t-shirt with the delta shield logo opening night at IMAX.

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/ringer-t/255562103

A while back I also bought a cool shirt called bar-trekkin with Scotty, Spock, Sulu, and Chekov all drunk, trying to keep each other standing with bottles of booze in their hands, great stuff lol.

http://hideyourarms.com/2008/10/24/b...go-ape-shirts/

But it is no longer available on their main website, only through a secret back site....I bought two bar trekkin shirts. Here is the back site, near the bottom of the page...#'s 335-342, shhhhhhhh!

http://www.goapeshirts.com/linesheet.php
Old 04-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Commander

My grey Starfleet Academy t-shirt that I got during one of my several visits to the Star Trek Experience in Vegas. It has "Starfleet Academy" and the logo in sparkly baby blue. And hopefully one of the science delta badges from one of the Kellogg's boxes. I just have to find one...lol
Old 04-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Rear Admiral

Any one showing up in a TNG/DS9/TNG:Movie era uniform at my theatre will get sat in the "red zone". It's not a punishment, but rather a reminder of what they should have worn... Disco Boots, Black Pants, and a solid colored shirt.

*red zone: An area of seating in IMAX theatres that do not have a complete view of the screen do to either the stairs balcony in the way, or the angle of the seating.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
Any one showing up in a TNG/DS9/TNG:Movie era uniform at my theatre will get sat in the "red zone". It's not a punishment, but rather a reminder of what they should have worn... Disco Boots, Black Pants, and a solid colored shirt.

*red zone: An area of seating in IMAX theatres that do not have a complete view of the screen do to either the stairs balcony in the way, or the angle of the seating.
ROFL

I really wish I'd had time to put together a costume. I get paid on Tuesday so maybe it's not too late to find some tall boots and a red dress of some sort. Doubtful but I can look anyway. That's the good thing about these costumes: You can wear them and for the most part they'll just look like a regular outfit.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Ensign

Me and the guys I work with got red "Expendable" T-Shirts from thinkgeek.com to wear to the Intel event...

Old 04-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Ensign

Haha, you guys have awesome ideas! Love the T-shirts, I've been looking for a good one to wear. And I agree that TOS wear is the way to go for movie night! Also, I'll be keeping my eye out for "cowboy" colored stuff, LOL!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Midshipman

Me and my friends all have the dresses made up. Just need to get some badges!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Ensign

I'll be wearing this shirt to the theater, found it a a Meijer two days ago when I bought my playmates enterprise replica.