The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Does anyone know if there is a teaser scene after the credits roll or not?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
I remember when Superman The Movie (Reeves) came out. The end credits start with "coming soon: Superman II. I read somewhere that many scenes from II were filmed right along with I. Saved some time and money I guess.
Actually, after they were done filming, they had enough material to make 2 movies of Superman, so that's what they did.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonstar70 View Post
Actually, after they were done filming, they had enough material to make 2 movies of Superman, so that's what they did.
Slight correction: Richard Donner and WB were fully intending to film much of SUPERMAN II while they were filming I, but completion of I was getting too far behind to make its opening so they forced him to finish all the production need to get I done. There was no extra footage, it was a co-production of I and II until production schedules and budgets became a problem.

A great deal of arguing ensued between the producers and Donner, who was then fired. This is why Richard Lester was brought in to finish filming II, and he got directing credit.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Midshipman

In answer to the original Question if there is any Teaser scene after the credits, The answer is No. I was at the Melbourne Australia Media screening this week and stayed to the end.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Lieutenant Commander

What I meant by truncated was not that scenes that were cut in the original final edit were missing, what I meant and heard was the run time was shorter than the 2 hours by like 12 minutes, by a few who timed it. They said it felt like something was missing. So I submit that they may have (last minute) removed some major spoiler or some small pieces of dialogue as to protect those parts from getting spoiled. Or saving something for the main release period. This team is notoriously secretive so who knows.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Fleet Admiral

I had the feeling that ALL movies have such an after-credits scene. Why not this one?

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-