The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Playmates vs. Art Asylum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Thumbs up Playmates vs. Art Asylum

To tell you all the truth, i would have wanted Art Asylum to do the figures and ships from star trek XI. but i do have to admit, playmates didn't do a bad job. The Enterprise looks great (bout time they get the deflector dish colors right) and the Command Figures ( i have 3 of them. Kirk,Spock,McCoy) really came out awesome
Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan View Post
To tell you all the truth, i would have wanted Art Asylum to do the figures and ships from star trek XI. but i do have to admit, playmates didn't do a bad job. The Enterprise looks great (bout time they get the deflector dish colors right) and the Command Figures ( i have 3 of them. Kirk,Spock,McCoy) really came out awesome

Yea, it is about time they did get it right, i always hated the fact that back in the 90's the deflectors were ALWAYS red! Gonna got to Target and get my Star Trek XI enterprise and figures

GREAT SCOTT!!! ANOTHER FRIEND OF ZARDOZ!

Old 04-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
Yea, it is about time they did get it right, i always hated the fact that back in the 90's the deflectors were ALWAYS red! Gonna got to Target and get my Star Trek XI enterprise and figures

Uh, I would recommend Toys R us
Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Captain

I still can't find them anywhere but Walmart. I picked up Spock (Qunito) today, I really love how these are made! You are right, Playmates did good! I really love the Art Asylum ships. Playmates copied from AA with their stand this time. My favorite ship of all still, is TWOK ship. I believe that one is from Diamond Select. I think the worse job Playmates did was with theh ENT E
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
I still can't find them anywhere but Walmart. I picked up Spock (Qunito) today, I really love how these are made! You are right, Playmates did good! I really love the Art Asylum ships. Playmates copied from AA with their stand this time. My favorite ship of all still, is TWOK ship. I believe that one is from Diamond Select. I think the worse job Playmates did was with theh ENT E

I agree with you on that sir. The Enterprise-E was the worst playmates ever did. but i guess they learned from there mistakes and people not buying star trek stuff from playmates. TWOK ship is amazing with detail, looks like the actual filming model

"I was out saving the galaxy when your grandfather was in diapers. Besides the galaxy owes me one" Captain James T. Kirk 2371