The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Playmates vs. Art Asylum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan's Avatar
Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 200
Thumbs up Playmates vs. Art Asylum

To tell you all the truth, i would have wanted Art Asylum to do the figures and ships from star trek XI. but i do have to admit, playmates didn't do a bad job. The Enterprise looks great (bout time they get the deflector dish colors right) and the Command Figures ( i have 3 of them. Kirk,Spock,McCoy) really came out awesome
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 AM
tannerwaterbury's Avatar
tannerwaterbury tannerwaterbury is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan View Post
To tell you all the truth, i would have wanted Art Asylum to do the figures and ships from star trek XI. but i do have to admit, playmates didn't do a bad job. The Enterprise looks great (bout time they get the deflector dish colors right) and the Command Figures ( i have 3 of them. Kirk,Spock,McCoy) really came out awesome

Yea, it is about time they did get it right, i always hated the fact that back in the 90's the deflectors were ALWAYS red! Gonna got to Target and get my Star Trek XI enterprise and figures
__________________
ALL PRAISE TO ZARDOZ!

GREAT SCOTT!!! ANOTHER FRIEND OF ZARDOZ!

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan's Avatar
Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerwaterbury View Post
Yea, it is about time they did get it right, i always hated the fact that back in the 90's the deflectors were ALWAYS red! Gonna got to Target and get my Star Trek XI enterprise and figures

Uh, I would recommend Toys R us
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Beetlescott's Avatar
Beetlescott Beetlescott is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,645
Default

I still can't find them anywhere but Walmart. I picked up Spock (Qunito) today, I really love how these are made! You are right, Playmates did good! I really love the Art Asylum ships. Playmates copied from AA with their stand this time. My favorite ship of all still, is TWOK ship. I believe that one is from Diamond Select. I think the worse job Playmates did was with theh ENT E
__________________
LET'S MAKE SURE HISTORY NEVER FORGETS THE NAME ENTERPRISE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan's Avatar
Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan Biggest Capt. Kirk Fan is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
I still can't find them anywhere but Walmart. I picked up Spock (Qunito) today, I really love how these are made! You are right, Playmates did good! I really love the Art Asylum ships. Playmates copied from AA with their stand this time. My favorite ship of all still, is TWOK ship. I believe that one is from Diamond Select. I think the worse job Playmates did was with theh ENT E

I agree with you on that sir. The Enterprise-E was the worst playmates ever did. but i guess they learned from there mistakes and people not buying star trek stuff from playmates. TWOK ship is amazing with detail, looks like the actual filming model
__________________


"I was out saving the galaxy when your grandfather was in diapers. Besides the galaxy owes me one" Captain James T. Kirk 2371
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.