The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > So I broke down and bought tickets for May 7th
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
If I was behind you on line and you thought you'd let 19 of your friends jump to the front of the line with you, you'd be first one on line for an ambulance and I'd be first one on line to jail.
I thought he meant all 19 would be there three hours in advance or whatever. However, if he's holding a spot for 19 people, I agree with you completely. I've been to concerts like that where you're in line for like 7 hours and then you find out that the person in front of you is holding spaces for like 10 people and those 10 people show up with thirty minutes to go until the doors open. They get the good spots without the benefit of having frozen/nearly died from heat stroke.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I intend to get in line 8 hours before anyone else.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
But I still want it to fail.

Expect an honest review.

man, what's wrong with you. must be that klingon attitude.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:36 AM
Fleet Admiral

Klingon? Never.

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 04-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Who cares how well it does, I only care whether I like it or not.
I care about whether or not I like it, but I also care about how well it does. I don't want this movie to fail or Star Trek is dead.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
I care about whether or not I like it, but I also care about how well it does. I don't want this movie to fail or Star Trek is dead.
Agreed. I'd honestly go see it at least twice even if I hated it. Or I'd buy the tickets anyway. Might not show up to the theater but I'd buy the tickets.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Klingon? Never.
Agreed, it is dishonorable to fail.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyanEva View Post
I thought he meant all 19 would be there three hours in advance or whatever. However, if he's holding a spot for 19 people, I agree with you completely. I've been to concerts like that where you're in line for like 7 hours and then you find out that the person in front of you is holding spaces for like 10 people and those 10 people show up with thirty minutes to go until the doors open. They get the good spots without the benefit of having frozen/nearly died from heat stroke.
First, for anyone holding places in line for friends, I think it's incumbent on them to tell people near them in line that this is the case. This avoids the surprise element and thus much of the hatred and bloodshed which follow.

That being said, I find that it really makes little difference: if you want to be in front of everyone in line, then get there earlier. What difference will it make if three people in front of you in line go in and save 16 other seats with jackets and sweaters? You're not going to be sitting in those seats anyway, whether the friends show up before or after entering the theater.

The theaters will be full at opening screenings anyway, so you're going to be in front of some and behind others regardless. If all 19 of those people arrived in line before you arrived, you'd end up with exactly the same choice of seats anyway.

That being said, if I were holding 18 other places in line and there was a single or couple behind me who weren't pleased with that news, I'd gladly let them go in front of my huge party when the doors open. There are plenty of ways to keep the peace -- I believe in the win-win scenario.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!