The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Comments & Suggestions > Watch ST09 in Large Groups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Fleet Admiral

When they clearly meant STAR TREK (20)09 instead of the ninth TREK movie, there is a difference in pointing it out, yes.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Exactly, Mission...how could he have thought they meant STIX? Obviously was meant as ST '09....

Proud Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab!!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Lieutenant Commander

but if there was time, I would pay good money to go to a Star Trek Movie Marathon, every single movie, one right after the other...all in one sitting!! just as a refresher course, know what I mean?

Old 04-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Rear Admiral

I'm watching as much TOS as I can before the movie. I'll probably even watch Insurrection, my least favorite.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 04-08-2009, 10:31 PM
Lieutenant Commander

well, I will have to make do with my VHS (yes, I still own a working VCR) copies of the movies...at least I have all of them, so I can hold a marathon of my own...

Old 04-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Rear Admiral

It is amazing how a subject can go off track because of some random post.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Well...to get back to the subject at hand, If I knew enough people who would want to go, then I would look into the group discount...but unfortunately, I am a lonely island in a sea of Star Wars fans in my hometown, so I can not round up enough bodies to qualify for the group price. In Fact, this will be the first movie I have paid to see in three years; I just do not feel the need very often, to go to a movie theater, when I can wait a few weels or months, and own a copy of my own. Sci-Fi's are the only type of movie that I will Pay to see in a theater, and I would pay to see a Star Trek anytime I had the chance.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Lieutenant

In American, almost all TV series are made for commercial profit. A higher audience rating is the producer’s first aim. A TV series with low audience rate can’t go on season by season. Furthermore,it will end after the first episode were shown.
but meanwhile, besides its commercial profit, i think its a better way to waste your spare time. And also it will creat a long dream for you, but I still love Star Trek.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranCat View Post
Well...to get back to the subject at hand, If I knew enough people who would want to go, then I would look into the group discount...but unfortunately, I am a lonely island in a sea of Star Wars fans in my hometown, so I can not round up enough bodies to qualify for the group price. In Fact, this will be the first movie I have paid to see in three years; I just do not feel the need very often, to go to a movie theater, when I can wait a few weels or months, and own a copy of my own. Sci-Fi's are the only type of movie that I will Pay to see in a theater, and I would pay to see a Star Trek anytime I had the chance.
I just know Redshirt is going to kill me for this, but...

Do what most other people do when they want a discount, stand outside the theatre and get the minimum required for a group.

This happened at our theatre when Dark Knight and Watchmen came out. We do not care, it is the studio that gets mad.

You could save from about $1.50 to $5.00, depending on your local theatre circuit
Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I have a hard enough time convincing friends not to plan anything for that night...I am not going to ask Strangers to join just to get a discount...besides, in my town, the movie theaters will only do group rates for tickets bought in advance. They also restrict it to corporate or school groups...right now, no job, and not in school...so no go, where I live.

Besides, the new boyfriend is paying, and he can afford it...he's already spent 130.00 each for us to go to a concert in October, later this year.