The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Scott Bakula's Take on the New Movie & Fan Reaction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2009, 05:53 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default Scott Bakula's Take on the New Movie & Fan Reaction

"The trick is, they've got to bring it up to date and make it hip and sexy and fast and all the things they can do with effects now, and keep the diehard fans in the theater. I'll be curious to see if they'll be successful with that. I hope they are."

"We were trying to make that bridge with our series, and we had resistance. There was no question that some of the Star Trek fan base was not ready to go there (laughs). They just didn't want to do it. A guy stopped me, and he said, 'Oh, I loved that show, I loved it, loved it, ... except for the theme song' (laughs). I was like, 'Man, people should just ...' But they're not willing to give it any slack. If they don't like it, they're vocal about it. But if they like it, then you're made. ... The trailer looks fantastic. And, obviously, [director J.J.] Abrams knows how to make a movie. And, hopefully, he will have succeeded, and the studio will say, 'We shouldn't have canceled Enterprise' (laughs)."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/quantum...-scot.php#more