The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > KNOWING Nicholis Cage
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Beetlescott's Avatar
Beetlescott Beetlescott is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,645
Default KNOWING Nicholis Cage

Has anyone seen "Knowing" yet? I just got back and I don't know what to say. I want to say it was amazing, It threw me for a loop I wasn't expecting. The moive was wonderful, but I got to see the Star Trek trailer, first time I have seen one on the big screen. Anyway, Knowing was, in my opinion, the best Nick Cage movie I have ever seen. I loved it as a SciFi fan, and a Christian man. It is an awesome movie. Has anyone seen it yet?
__________________
LET'S MAKE SURE HISTORY NEVER FORGETS THE NAME ENTERPRISE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:32 PM
buffs79's Avatar
buffs79 buffs79 is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlescott View Post
Has anyone seen "Knowing" yet? I just got back and I don't know what to say. I want to say it was amazing, It threw me for a loop I wasn't expecting. The moive was wonderful, but I got to see the Star Trek trailer, first time I have seen one on the big screen. Anyway, Knowing was, in my opinion, the best Nick Cage movie I have ever seen. I loved it as a SciFi fan, and a Christian man. It is an awesome movie. Has anyone seen it yet?
I'm planning on seeing it, so no spoilers.

BTW, which trailer? The QoS or Epic?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-01-2009, 01:42 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,077
Default

The trailer is interesting, but I don't know if I'll catch it before It ends it's run here.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-01-2009, 03:09 AM
starbase Britain's Avatar
starbase Britain starbase Britain is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 350
Default

I havnt seen nicholas cage in a decent film yet. but i thought the trailer looked interesting. that plane crash looks spine chillingly real. I hope its good as i might go along to see it.

starbase Britain
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-01-2009, 04:54 AM
That Metal Beastie's Avatar
That Metal Beastie That Metal Beastie is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Overhere
Posts: 2,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase Britain View Post
I havnt seen nicholas cage in a decent film yet. but i thought the trailer looked interesting. that plane crash looks spine chillingly real. I hope its good as i might go along to see it.

starbase Britain
The quality of Nicholas Cage movies run the gamut, from awful to great. My favorites are Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, Wild At Heart, Vampire's Kiss, Peggy Sue Got Married,Matchstick Men, Adaptation, all great films, IMO. The National Treasure movies are fun, as are The Rock and Con Air. I'm sure there're some other good ones.

I'm looking forward to seeing Knowing as much for the director, Alex Proyas as for Nick Cage, if not more so. Proyas directed Dark City and The Crow, two favs of mine.

If you haven't seen any of those films check them out. Of course not each will appeal to every taste. And a couple of them are a little strange. Oh well.
__________________
'A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.'

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-2009, 04:58 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
The quality of Nicholas Cage movies run the gamut, from awful to great. My favorites are Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, Wild At Heart, Vampire's Kiss, Peggy Sue Got Married,Matchstick Men, Adaptation, all great films, IMO. The National Treasure movies are fun, as are The Rock and Con Air. I'm sure there're some other good ones.
That's pretty true, he goes from one extreme to the other. I find it fascinating to watch his wigs from film to film though.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 AM
That Metal Beastie's Avatar
That Metal Beastie That Metal Beastie is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Overhere
Posts: 2,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
That's pretty true, he goes from one extreme to the other. I find it fascinating to watch his wigs from film to film though.
As well.
__________________
'A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.'

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.