The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Deep Space Nine > defiant
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
Maybe a resurgence on the Dominion in the alpha quadrant? Or a break away Jem'hadar fleet? Whoever the bad guy is, it would need to involve fleet on fleet battles!!! The Defiant shines in battle!!!
I've always assumed there were ships and Forces left over somewhere in the Alpha Quadrant that have left the founders.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
I've always assumed there were ships and Forces left over somewhere in the Alpha Quadrant that have left the founders.
Me too!

I haven't read any of the DS9 books, set after the final episode, but if I were write one it would deal with a renegade faction that is still allied with the Breen... or something like that!!
Old 03-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Fleet Admiral

You'd have to make it a far flung part of the Alpha Quadrant where Defiant would alone.

Another Idea is that the Dominion sent 2,000 Warships the long way from the Gamma Quadrant and they'll the Federation in a couple years with the help of an unstable wormhole.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
You'd have to make it a far flung part of the Alpha Quadrant where Defiant would alone.

Another Idea is that the Dominion sent 2,000 Warships the long way from the Gamma Quadrant and they'll the Federation in a couple years with the help of an unstable wormhole.
Good one. I was thinking the already established DS9 wormhole could be used, but then I realized the Prophets would just stop them again!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Fleet Admiral

At the time the Fleet was sent they couldn't use the wormhole. So I thought why not send the ships the long way. They would be out of communications range and couldn't be recalled after the Founders surrendered.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
At the time the Fleet was sent they couldn't use the wormhole. So I thought why not send the ships the long way. They would be out of communications range and couldn't be recalled after the Founders surrendered.
Good point. So when they arrive they have no idea the war is over!! Great idea.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Fleet Admiral

And even after they find out the war is over there is unrest. The supply of white is depleted and the Alpha Quadrant has dismantled all the facilities to make it. The Jem Hadar are in a alien system that is having interstellar strife and the Jem hadar are about to go out in blaze of berserker rage...infact some have already started.

Defiant arrives to find Jem'Hadar ships systematicly bombarding worlds commiting genocide. They have to stop them and attempt to negoiate with the remaining Jem'Hadar for a peaceful solution.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Vice Admiral

keep going...
Old 03-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Fleet Admiral

Well I set up a situation.

Three populated systems are threatened.
Between them and the Jem' Hadar ships around 600 total, is a rift that could slow the Fleet down. The rift is a discharging nebula fillament. The Fleet can't go through all at once and they'll exit at multiple bottle necks.

Sisko or Kira would have to negoiate the expanse faster and get to the systems first and rally their limited forces to catch the Jem' Hadar at 3 crucial bottle necks.
Problem is the governments in the three systems don't get along very well. Two of the leaders have very strong differences and might just firing on each other rather than the Jem'Hadar. The Heroes have to coordinate the natives to protect sectors that potentially would shield a government they hate from the Jem'Hadar fleet. If they get it wrong the natives might let the fleet through or not put up enough of a fight against the Jem'Hadar vessels.

Meanwhile Defiant has to slow the Fleet down and reduce their numbers so the Allies can handle them. Star Fleet has dispatched a fuel ship and a rearmor vessel to out fit Defiant with Additional torpedos and Phaser coils. Other than that Defiant is alone. And once the supplies are gone there is no more and help is over 1,500 lightyears away.

This story would litterally be like Defiant alone (almost alone) going at the Dominion Fleet at Sacrifice of Angels.

Old 03-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Well I set up a situation.

Three populated systems are threatened.
Between them and the Jem' Hadar ships around 600 total, is a rift that could slow the Fleet down. The rift is a discharging nebula fillament. The Fleet can't go through all at once and they'll exit at multiple bottle necks.

Sisko or Kira would have to negoiate the expanse faster and get to the systems first and rally their limited forces to catch the Jem' Hadar at 3 crucial bottle necks.
Problem is the governments in the three systems don't get along very well. Two of the leaders have very strong differences and might just firing on each other rather than the Jem'Hadar. The Heroes have to coordinate the natives to protect sectors that potentially would shield a government they hate from the Jem'Hadar fleet. If they get it wrong the natives might let the fleet through or not put up enough of a fight against the Jem'Hadar vessels.

Meanwhile Defiant has to slow the Fleet down and reduce their numbers so the Allies can handle them. Star Fleet has dispatched a fuel ship and a rearmor vessel to out fit Defiant with Additional torpedos and Phaser coils. Other than that Defiant is alone. And once the supplies are gone there is no more and help is over 1,500 lightyears away.

This story would litterally be like Defiant alone (almost alone) going at the Dominion Fleet at Sacrifice of Angels.
I know how difficult it can be to find time for hobbies. I started drawing again (as you already know), but I haven't had an opportunity to do a second drawing!! I say all that because I think you have a very good idea going here. I think you would write a great short story if you had the opportunity. Just an idea.