The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Deep Space Nine > defiant
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #321  
Old 03-16-2009, 06:06 AM
kevin's Avatar
kevin kevin is offline
Federation Councillor
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East Kilbride, Glasgow, UK
Posts: 21,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtWalking View Post
I agree with that, Horatio.

I like the fact that DS9 had a beginning, a middle and an end. I think that I like the fact that there's not a movie, nor will there be. The series is a complete arc and the character progressions are true to that.
Seconded.
__________________
'If the Apocalypse starts, beep me!' - Buffy Summers
'The sky's the limit.....' Jean-Luc Picard, 'All Good Things'


courtesy of Saquist
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 03-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtWalking View Post
I agree with that, Horatio.

I like the fact that DS9 had a beginning, a middle and an end. I think that I like the fact that there's not a movie, nor will there be. The series is a complete arc and the character progressions are true to that.
I never looked at it that way previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
Friend Saquist! Friend Horatio!

I'm mostly in agreement with you both, just not 100%.

Horatio, as I said before a DS9 movie's not going to happen. My premise and assertion is and was that with DS9 you have all the basic and raw materials for a good movie. I still believe that at the right time and in the right hands - the right circumstances - we could have gotten one.

Saquist, first I agree the relationships are not a reason to make a big budget film but they can be excellent materials for one. Particularly unresolved relationships. And second you say the books brought Sisko back. Well the books brought Kirk back as well, but the books are not canon my friend, as you well know. So Kirk is back? Yes...no. Sisko back...?

I have to admit I've been playing a bit of the devil's advocate on this thread and like I said I mostly agree with you both...



except where you're wrong.
Remember at the time Pocket books and Paramount said that the Avatar series was officialy the restart of DS9. At the time yes, canon as canon could get, yet later they took canon away from all books....again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
In truth I appreciate that complete-ness as well, particularly when the beginning middle and end are satisfying. Still I say a good DS9 movie could be made. Should it be made? Probably not. Will it be made? No way.

In a lot of ways DS9 is my favorite Trek series. The Benjamin/Jake relationship resonates deeply in me. 'The Visitor' is my favorite Trek ep of any series. As much as I liked the the finale ep it gives me a twinge of sadness when I think of Jake. Testament to the film makers to evoke an emotion I suppose.

I think we never got to see Defiant, as much as we did see....at her best. That's the most provactive reason to do a DS9 movie. It would get a lot of people excited.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 03-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

I would litteraly name the movie "Defiant"
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 03-23-2009, 12:39 AM
captian beckett captian beckett is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 797
Default

a movie of war
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 03-23-2009, 05:03 AM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

Why Not...
DS9 started the first viewed war in Star Trek history. I say why beat around the bush. If you're going to do a DS9 Movie might as well pull out all the stops and let Defiant do what it does best.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 03-23-2009, 06:04 AM
captian beckett captian beckett is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 797
Default

yes
lets see the borg
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 03-24-2009, 06:04 AM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

I'm quite displeased with borg in Trek. For a movie you need something more.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 03-24-2009, 09:38 AM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Why Not...
DS9 started the first viewed war in Star Trek history. I say why beat around the bush. If you're going to do a DS9 Movie might as well pull out all the stops and let Defiant do what it does best.
AYE!!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 03-24-2009, 10:01 AM
MrQ1701's Avatar
MrQ1701 MrQ1701 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Espanola, New Mexico
Posts: 3,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Why Not...
DS9 started the first viewed war in Star Trek history. I say why beat around the bush. If you're going to do a DS9 Movie might as well pull out all the stops and let Defiant do what it does best.
Maybe a resurgence on the Dominion in the alpha quadrant? Or a break away Jem'hadar fleet? Whoever the bad guy is, it would need to involve fleet on fleet battles!!! The Defiant shines in battle!!!
__________________
To secure the peace is to prepare for war. -Metallica
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 03-24-2009, 10:42 AM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

A cool title for such a movie:


"STAR TREK: Defiant Unleashed"
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.