The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > OMG this movie is going to be a fricking hit...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
I'm talking more about, McCoy: Oh no! We have no captain and no first officer to take his place!

Kirk: Yeah, we do... (not believing what he's about to do, he takes the command chair while observing himself as though a great transformation is about to occur akin to Captain Marvel or Thor, and Kirk the rebelious underachiever now becomes Kirk the hero we all know, while everyone else around him simply allows him while they are all in awe of the moment: The Messiah has come!!! <cue dramatic music>)

I know I'm setting myself up for major ridicule here but... I have to say, that scene turned my stomach.

Again, sorry.
I can see why the scene above turned your stomach, will all that extra material added to it which is pure subjectivity.

Try watching the scene complete in the film instead of edited for time for a trailer, then judge it on its merits instead of your perceptions filling in blanks.

That's not ridicule, it's just interjecting some common sense based on what trailers are, and what complete feature film scenes are.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MigueldaRican View Post
I and others disagree. I'd like to hear your thoughts on why though: http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5672
Thank you for posting a link to a relavant thread...more people need to learn how to do that! Nice job!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
Try watching the scene complete in the film instead of edited for time for a trailer, then judge it on its merits instead of your perceptions filling in blanks.

That's not ridicule, it's just interjecting some common sense based on what trailers are, and what complete feature film scenes are.
I agree...lets see the scene in it's entirety, then we can judge. Personally, I think it's fine, and I'm sure the storyline of the whole movie builds up to that scene.

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Captain

Captain/Lord/Mission-

You are all correct. I was jumping to conclusions there. The trailer was clearly designed to evoke an emotional response of sorts and I guess that was just mine. I should be saving judgement until I'm there in the theater, but part of me is just a little uneasy about how things might turn out. Regardless, I'm anxious to see how they do.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Fleet Admiral

Vue, nothing wrong at all with being uncertain or uneasy about a new film! Many join you... but that's part of the excitement, too. If the film were the 'same old thing' and utterly, safely predictable... we likely wouldn't even bother to go see it.

Boldly go into that theater this May and with luck we'll discover a great new adventure 'out there'!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Smile bringing in new trek fans

Yea no doubt, some of my friends who are non trek fans want to see this movie and I was very surprised. I know they don't like Trek so I never mentioned that there is a new movie, or trailer, or asked it they want to see it. But the sock came when they said they saw the Star Trek trailer (latest one) and they want to go see it, no buts about it, no complaints, just straight up "I want to go see it," and I replied with a very loud "YEA!"