The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Comments & Suggestions > New forum or subforum when the movie is out?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Lieutenant Commander

I just want to add that since this forum is not just about the new movie but Star Trek in general, I don't see any reason to close it.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Fleet Admiral

As with most other forums, I think a simple creation of a "Film Spoiler" section of the forum would solve the issue easily. Make a specific area in which the film can be discussed in detail, and its description warns any board users that spoiler discussion exists in it.

General discussion can still continue in the Non-Spoiler section. In a way, it would be much easier to create these divisions now before the forum explodes in spoiler talk, and while the number of threads is smaller rather than larger. Less topic-swapping over from one section to another.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!

Last edited by MissionTrek08 : 03-10-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
As with most other forums, I think a simple creation of a "Film Spoiler" section of the forum would solve the issue easily. Make a specific area in which the film can be discussed in detail, and it's description warns any board users that spoiler discussion exists in it.

General discussion can still continue in the Non-Spoiler section. In a way, it would be much easier to create these divisions now before the forum explodes in spoiler talk, and while the number of threads is smaller rather than larger. Less topic-swapping over from one section to another.
No that's a great Idea!

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
Now that's a great Idea!
I'll second that!
Old 03-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
As with most other forums, I think a simple creation of a "Film Spoiler" section of the forum would solve the issue easily. Make a specific area in which the film can be discussed in detail, and it's description warns any board users that spoiler discussion exists in it.

..that is exactly what I've proposed....This is a board...each of the main areas is a "forum"..within those forums are threads.

I'm not calling for a new board. I'm just asking for a new forum or subforum.

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
Has there been any thought to starting a new forum (or, subforum if that works) in May for posters after seeing the movie? It would be really nice to be free to discuss it without worrying about spoiling it for someone who hadn't seen it yet.
After 9 months of being away, I thought responding to you would be worth it

I agree, I have a hard time remembering some people take longer to see movies than I do. And I would feel bad, only a for a moment, that I ruined the movie for someone.

PLUS... I am happy to see you kept some elements of the Avatar I made you a while back.
AND... the painting on Uli's face is awesome!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
..that is exactly what I've proposed....This is a board...each of the main areas is a "forum"..within those forums are threads.

I'm not calling for a new board. I'm just asking for a new forum or subforum.
'Shirts: make it so!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:23 AM
Commander

Quote:
'Shirts: make it so!
DO IT! DO IT!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Of course I kept the avatars you made for me! I just realized I had quite a few so combined them into one....welcome back!

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Captain

I just assumed that the site would have a redirect thread for those who had seen the movie.

And to be honest, this is the first time I have thought about this site going away after the movie premiered! I just assumed it would always be here. I hope it doesn't go, or if it does, it carries us all over to the next phase!

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.