The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > enterprise should come back
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: who thinks enterprise should come back
yes 66 66.67%
no 20 20.20%
maybe 6 6.06%
they should make a film about it 18 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie View Post
Enterprise was cancelled way too soon. It should have gone 7 years. It really had the makings of becoming the best of the Trek series'.
³nd, it was cancelled too soon but if it had the makings of becoming the best series... i don't think so (TNG was better IMO xD).
Old 12-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Ensign

I agree it should have been kept on for another few seasons. They did a great job of tying in a couple of the episodes though. Like the augments with Brent Spiner playing Dr. Soong. I thought that was a great tie in. I loved seeing Brent Spiner out of the traditional Data costume. However, other episodes could have had a much better story line and tie in to the rest of the season. Like the darkly episodes with the alternate universe. They could have easily gotten out at least half a season out of those two episodes. But season 3 was probably the best season.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I hope it gets brought back. Sci-Fi could do what TNT did with Babylon 5. Make a TV movie and go from there. If the TV movie is a success than Paramount and CBS might consider partnering with Sci-Fi for a new season.
I could see this happening if the new film is successful in May.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Ensign

Only if they make Shran the Captain. He, unlike Archer is a man of honour.
I have zero respect for Captain Archer I'm afraid. Admittedly I didn't watch it through to the end but that was mostly because I couldn't watch a Star Trek series where I didn't respect the captain. I did really like Hoshi and Malcolm and I loved Shran and would be happy to see them again but Archer, no, and I doubt they would do the series without him.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Midshipman

Come back? I wish.

I wonder how many people like me never even got the chance to watch ENT during the original run? Our satellite plan didn't include that station.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

If they should bring it back, most likely it would deal with the same characters, but not aboard the NX-01. Rebuilding the sets would be cost prohibative at this point. But, imagine some kind of "court intriuge" inside the formative starfleet, or possibly Shran asking for help with a possible plot against the andorian/Earth alliance... Yeah, I could get behind a TV movie or two featuring the cast.

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 01-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

i reacon they should have made a series for after Voyager gets back to Earth instad of setting it before TOS. IMO never go back in time for a series ever
Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

As long as you do your homework properly, I don't see a problem with going back and doing a prequel series. I do, however, have a problem with someone doing a prequel and screwing around with stuff thats already established. That just ticks me off and I think its the reason why Enterprise didn't make it...imho
Old 01-21-2009, 06:57 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I agree the show had a lot of promise, and was pulled just as it was really coming into its own... For all that, I wouldn't want to see it come back now, especially if there was the option of seeing a completely new Trek show made. It had its shot - I mourned its demise, but i think I'd sooner see something completely new, now, to be honest.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Lieutenant Commander

i think it was too short
not enough seasons