The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Define Your Enterprise Fandom.....
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Define your Enterprise Loyalty Level....
I loved Enterprise. It was perfect in everyway. 7 9.21%
I loved Enterprise. There were a few "hit or misses", but mostly Enterprise ROCKED! 34 44.74%
I really liked Enterprise, despite the few canon & continuity issues. 23 30.26%
Enterprise was just "okay" for me, nothing special 5 6.58%
I really didn't care for Enterprise, watched it because I am loyal to Star Trek. 3 3.95%
I only watched the other Trek series 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Well, you're starting to scare me slightly here, I'm afraid - as long as what I see on screen is believable in terms of the fictional universe in which it's set, I don't tend to agonise over the details to quite this degree! Still, I do understand where you're coming from.

Tell you what, though - those pictures do reinforce one thing in my mind, and that's that all of them are pretty impressive pieces of set design - yes, even the 'new' Enterprise bridge. Can't wait to see that sucker on the big screen!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Fleet Admiral

I draft for a living so being precise and technical is part of my personality.

I like the design of all the sets on Star Trek. They show alot of work. But I don't agree with the scheme in the series

Old 01-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Captain

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
You know I've done my research on this part.
Nothing so far tells us there is a difference in the way Earth and the Federation number their ships. Where Enterprise failed in that department is that they didn't show any other ship but that Akira like design up close. So it's neither here nor there about which are which. Both are Star Fleet registries and we haven't been told any different yet.

It's no coincidence the Dauntless had the same registry. In order for the ruse to be successful it's logical to conclude that the registry was derived from a previous ship other wise our crew is just stupid that they didn't catch that this ship was numbered exactly the same as the Enterprise NX-01 but with an "A"

It's one thing not to mention it and let it slide...It's completely another to fall into the trap where Star Fleet has appeared to have gotten their own registry wrong.
Sorry to jump in so late...this is a VERY old argument (which Saquist has always backed down on based on the facts). I have done MY research:

The first starship to bear the name Enterprise was the USS Enterprise XCV 33O. It was established as canon in TMP (it's pic is seen in the Rec Room), and seen in ENT.
Also, Enterprise NX-01 was never prefixed with "U.S.S."....a small note, but an important one as the XCV-330 was classified (CANON!) as U.S.S.....

The "Dauntless Class" and even the "Dauntless" itself was a made up by Species 116 in the VOY episode "Hope & Fear". It does not actually exist in Trek time. Therefore, it's registry number doesn't mean anything, let alone the fact that "NX" is designated for prototypes, and can be reused over and over again.

As long as Archer's Enterprise NX-01 was decommisioned before the Federation was founded, then there is no issue....

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.