The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Will Star Trek ever shake the 'only for nerds' stigma?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore View Post
Uh, that's not really mainstream either. That's a separate subset of freakdom.
Called "obsessive compulsive"

Old 01-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
AYE! And I wish they'd shoot more footage of the cheerleaders, and less of the guys in tights playing graba$$ with each other.
On that point. I wish they would come out with NFL Cheerleaders Gone Wild!!! AFC & NFC head to head chick party brawl!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Lieutenant

My wife confidently reminds me that I am a geek, due to my Star Trek, B5, SW obsessions, which I take great care to instill in my 4 year old nephew. Now all I have to do is get him off the sugar rush of SW and onto something more nourishing like TOS.
For all like-minded geeks---Live Long And Prosper.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestartrekker View Post
My wife confidently reminds me that I am a geek, due to my Star Trek, B5, SW obsessions, which I take great care to instill in my 4 year old nephew. Now all I have to do is get him off the sugar rush of SW and onto something more nourishing like TOS.
For all like-minded geeks---Live Long And Prosper.
Right there with you. However now I have successfully "corrupted" my wife. She is now indoctrinated into the ranks of Trek....Muaaahahahahahah! We now watch Trek as a whole family now.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
successfully "corrupted" my wife. She is now indoctrinated into the ranks of Trek....Muaaahahahahahah! We now watch Trek as a whole family now.
Could you please post the secret formula.... I'm willing to pay............................................... ..............................
.....................................$100m........ .
Muaaahahahahahah!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Could you please post the secret formula.... I'm willing to pay............................................... ..............................
.....................................$100m........ .
Muaaahahahahahah!
It is a long and arduous process...frought with peril, complaint and verbal abuse.on the upside though....lot of alcohol in a variety of flavors is involved
Old 01-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Lieutenant

I suppose,as they say, no pain...no gain! The alcohol i could handle, it would provide Dutch courage, and it would help numb the pain of abuse, double whamy!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
I suppose,as they say, no pain...no gain! The alcohol i could handle, it would provide Dutch courage, and it would help numb the pain of abuse, double whamy!
Dear Gods Man! The alcohol is for her!!! not you!!!!lol This is a way of breaking down the inhibition level in her and creating a semi comatose state of mind where as you can convice her later that she enjoyed every minute of Trek while she is in the final stages of a hangover....lol Godspeed!
Old 01-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Dear Gods Man! The alcohol is for her!!! not you!!!!lol This is a way of breaking down the inhibition level in her and creating a semi comatose state of mind where as you can convice her later that she enjoyed every minute of Trek while she is in the final stages of a hangover....lol Godspeed!
I remain in awe of your infinite wisdom Great insight, in you , I see.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Isn't giving someone alchohol to lower inhibitions, and then take advantage of them and tell them they had a good time........um.........dubious?