The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > When i see the new bridge it reminds me.....
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Vice Admiral

Default When i see the new bridge it reminds me.....

a 23rd century living room with a 100 th lcd screen for my movies,what else?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Lieutenant

Besides the obvious 'Apple Store' which fits it just fine... when I see the bridge it makes me think 'unfinished' or 'incomplete'... so really it don't make me think of anything else as it isn't finished.

As the way I understand things bridges on new ships after they are built start off white then they come in later and 'finish' them. The bridge at the end of ST 4 and the prototype ship on Voyager that could split into three parts... etc... both had glaring 'whiteness'. The Voyager ship even looked that way through-out the entire ship as Sickbay was just as bland. Another Voyager ship, the one with the alien that pretends his ship is one Starfleet sent to bring back Voyager's crew, was supposed to be a 'prototype' also, same white blandness.... Guess it's just me that came up with that idea... oh well... I still say it looks boring and needs some color and looks like it's still not done.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I think...Gee, I really haven't seen enough of the new bridge to make any conclusions.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thypentacle View Post
Besides the obvious 'Apple Store' which fits it just fine... when I see the bridge it makes me think 'unfinished' or 'incomplete'... so really it don't make me think of anything else as it isn't finished.

As the way I understand things bridges on new ships after they are built start off white then they come in later and 'finish' them. The bridge at the end of ST 4 and the prototype ship on Voyager that could split into three parts... etc... both had glaring 'whiteness'. The Voyager ship even looked that way through-out the entire ship as Sickbay was just as bland. Another Voyager ship, the one with the alien that pretends his ship is one Starfleet sent to bring back Voyager's crew, was supposed to be a 'prototype' also, same white blandness.... Guess it's just me that came up with that idea... oh well... I still say it looks boring and needs some color and looks like it's still not done.
Just wait. They update the bridge every other movie or so...if thing stay true to form...lol
Old 01-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Admiral

It makes me wanna buy an espresso from the hostess at the stand behind Kirk.

But seriously, when we see the bridge on screen, not in quick battle shots as in the trailer, it'll be nice. It's a 360 set like all bridges so we'll be all over the place in it. It'll be interesting to see how it plays on the big screen when we can actually have a descent look at it. Besides I have the feeling it's gonna make you feel like you're on the bridge. Trek VI had a great bridge and the way it was shot made you feel like you were there on it. Hope they go for the same approach.

Who knows maybe the lighting will change as well. I always liked how Voyager's bridge would get dark when they went to red alert. Maybe this one's the reverse!

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"

Last edited by Livingston : 01-16-2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Captain

You thinking it'll get even brighter? Good God!
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."
Old 01-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Fleet Admiral

Saint, you may have misread the post... perhaps the implication was that we're seeing the bridge on 'bright', when normally it's darker.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Fleet Admiral

Which is quite interesting IMO. While the typical read alert darkening of VOY is good for atmosphere, increasing the brightness in a dangerous situation might be more realistic, reflecting the increased attention and sensibility of our senses in dangerous situations.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Default it's only my opinion but...

its quite unnecessary to have a different lighting situation at all, except for emergency lighting.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Vice Admiral

i like the colors it reminds me a trade federation vessel