The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Come on, Paramount. Give a fan a bone!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmok View Post
I agree, its now less than 4 months away, I want to see some new stuff. I dont care about spoilers because they have never spoiled a movie before. There are plenty of Trek movies where I knew so much or thought I did and it still surprised me and was fantastic. Unless I see the whole movie, no amount of spoilers will ruin it. If I have seen one I might as well see what else they have. The only way to avoid it is not to see or hear one thing, not one photo, not one piece of news. That could be hard, and that would make the movie much more surprising, but meh I like knowing just a bit of news to tantalize me. I dont want to see too much more but a few more crew, ship and corridor photos would be great. I want things like photos of the Kelvin crew uniforms, and Enterprise sickbay, engineering, or transporter to stay hidden as well as more of the story. We have been given descriptions of sickbay, engineering, or transporter that we will all imagine in different ways and then be surprised later. We have been told that the sickbay looks high-tech, the transporter room looks very industrial and rough, and the engine room looks like diesel sub engine/apple store, I can only imagine what the hell all that means, and I dont want to know until the movie, I want to imagine one thing and then be total surprise and blown away.

I know that JJ and the marketing crew have and will make very choice decisions on what to reveal.

In the end though if nothing else is revealed it wont matter, I just want to read the countdown comics, I think those will be a nice treat before the movie.

114 DAYS LEFT!!!!
I'd be interested in seeing the pics of the engine and transporter rooms you are referring to. Do you have a link?

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSpockette View Post
Now, that'd be a grrreeaaat Superbowl commercial that would spoof, as well as tease the audience about what I hear is a court martial for Kirk--and Tyler Perry is in the role of the guy in charge.

Tyler Perry would be a good sport to do that. It'd be funny to see Perry dressed as Madea at Kirk's trial--reading the charges against him, before running around the room trying to smack him upside the head, while circling back around the table for a donut to run with en-route!

There would of course have to be a preceding disclaimer: "This is NOT a scene from Star Trek..."

I've always liked Tyler Perry. House of Payne is ok, but I like his movies a lot more. They always have a good core message in them.
Glad to see someone else has my "out there" since of humor! Madea reaches in her purse and pulls out a phaser instead of a pistol!

I agree about "House of Payne." The new series, "Meet the Browns" is pretty funny. The PLAYS however are even funnier than the motion pictures! But I digress.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Captain

T-minus 112 days and counting...
Old 01-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Captain

Is it against Starfleet regs to beam the "ShamWow" guy into deep space?
(Commercial on MSNBC now @ 1:20 AM)
Old 01-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus of Megadeus View Post
Is it against Starfleet regs to beam the "ShamWow" guy into deep space?
(Commercial on MSNBC now @ 1:20 AM)
That depends on whether or not some catches you doing it...Psst airlock 4 is vacant...lol
Old 01-21-2009, 03:07 AM
Lieutenant

Well, to be honest, the biggest spoiler for me was the image of the Enterprise, rather than the crew, cast photos. If you watch the 2nd trailer, I really don't think you need to see anymore, thats crammed with stuff to keep ya goin til dinner!

Old 01-21-2009, 05:52 AM
Captain

ARRGH! Logic again!
(resumes throwing spoiled-brat tantrum on the floor)
Old 01-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Captain

(Gets up from the floor, looks up to Captain Mouse)

Thanks, Captain. I'm okay now. Hopefully security protocols are offline and it doesn't pick up on the opening of the air lock hatch.

"Hey, ShamWow Guy! Come here, I want to show you this pretty cool section of the ship! Yeah! Oh, wait...Here...Change into this red shirt..."
Old 01-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus of Megadeus View Post
(Gets up from the floor, looks up to Captain Mouse)

Thanks, Captain. I'm okay now. Hopefully security protocols are offline and it doesn't pick up on the opening of the air lock hatch.

"Hey, ShamWow Guy! Come here, I want to show you this pretty cool section of the ship! Yeah! Oh, wait...Here...Change into this red shirt..."
Ah my work here is done I have corrupted another forum member...Muaahahahahaha!