The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Chris Pine: The Person, The Actor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

Was Spock the real Star or was Kirk. It's a long debate but ultimately it's just how it is when you're in a film with either Sylar or Spock. It was certainly the right move in casting from the buzz perspective. Alot's of people like Hero's. I'm one of them.

If Quinto is in it them I'm likely watching. Good acting is hard to find. Pine will have the benefit of being an unknown and establishing himself in the film. He surely wants to avoid being type cast as Captain Kirk just as Leonard Nimoy was branded Spock for life. But if he only does three films and continues to diversify I foresee a lengthy career doing anything he wants to.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-12-2009, 07:57 AM
CAPTAIN MOUSE's Avatar
CAPTAIN MOUSE CAPTAIN MOUSE is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Placerville,CA
Posts: 2,564
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Was Spock the real Star or was Kirk. It's a long debate but ultimately it's just how it is when you're in a film with either Sylar or Spock. It was certainly the right move in casting from the buzz perspective. Alot's of people like Hero's. I'm one of them.

If Quinto is in it them I'm likely watching. Good acting is hard to find. Pine will have the benefit of being an unknown and establishing himself in the film. He surely wants to avoid being type cast as Captain Kirk just as Leonard Nimoy was branded Spock for life. But if he only does three films and continues to diversify I foresee a lengthy career doing anything he wants to.
Who is the real star? Man I am not the one to answer that question! I think that should have a thread of it's own. To me I see the crew of the Enterprise as a collective character. Each with a purpose and a vital role to fill.
__________________
CAN YOU CATCH SECOND HAND STUPIDITY? OR SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE WATER HERE? - JEFF DUNHAM
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

I think that's how all Treks have been, I believe.
We could never do without any of them at least on screen because I believe the Captain is nothing without his crew.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-12-2009, 08:05 AM
jtrek79's Avatar
jtrek79 jtrek79 is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Athens,Greece
Posts: 3,330
Default

star trek has always had the best actors in sci fi,chris pine will make a fine addition,and by the way chucky d your friends looks cool
__________________
B E H O L D T H E N A R A D A
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Dominus of Megadeus's Avatar
Dominus of Megadeus Dominus of Megadeus is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
That is what Foster is. But she's made a more than descent living of her share of big and small roles over her life. My favorite was Contact and the second was Flight Plan
.

Two very good movies! Contact was a very well written story, and Flight Plan was a cool adventure, IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Dominus of Megadeus's Avatar
Dominus of Megadeus Dominus of Megadeus is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,099
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
I think that's how all Treks have been, I believe.
We could never do without any of them at least on screen because I believe the Captain is nothing without his crew.

I think you've summed up "The Gene's" entire Star Trek philosphy right there, my friend: "We can't make it without each other." Isn't that a message that needs to be heard these days, more than ever?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-12-2009, 09:21 AM
CAPTAIN MOUSE's Avatar
CAPTAIN MOUSE CAPTAIN MOUSE is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Placerville,CA
Posts: 2,564
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus of Megadeus View Post
I think you've summed up "The Gene's" entire Star Trek philosphy right there, my friend: "We can't make it without each other." Isn't that a message that needs to be heard these days, more than ever?
Absolutely! That is a message that has been needed through the ages. but now is a time I think we will start following it. (to some degree atleast)
__________________
CAN YOU CATCH SECOND HAND STUPIDITY? OR SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE WATER HERE? - JEFF DUNHAM
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-13-2009, 05:03 AM
Dominus of Megadeus's Avatar
Dominus of Megadeus Dominus of Megadeus is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,099
Default

You're right, Captain Mouse! We need to rely upon each other, but we also need to be able to stand on our own, too (if I catch your meaning of "to some degree").
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.