The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Chris Pine: The Person, The Actor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Fleet Admiral

Was Spock the real Star or was Kirk. It's a long debate but ultimately it's just how it is when you're in a film with either Sylar or Spock. It was certainly the right move in casting from the buzz perspective. Alot's of people like Hero's. I'm one of them.

If Quinto is in it them I'm likely watching. Good acting is hard to find. Pine will have the benefit of being an unknown and establishing himself in the film. He surely wants to avoid being type cast as Captain Kirk just as Leonard Nimoy was branded Spock for life. But if he only does three films and continues to diversify I foresee a lengthy career doing anything he wants to.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:57 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Was Spock the real Star or was Kirk. It's a long debate but ultimately it's just how it is when you're in a film with either Sylar or Spock. It was certainly the right move in casting from the buzz perspective. Alot's of people like Hero's. I'm one of them.

If Quinto is in it them I'm likely watching. Good acting is hard to find. Pine will have the benefit of being an unknown and establishing himself in the film. He surely wants to avoid being type cast as Captain Kirk just as Leonard Nimoy was branded Spock for life. But if he only does three films and continues to diversify I foresee a lengthy career doing anything he wants to.
Who is the real star? Man I am not the one to answer that question! I think that should have a thread of it's own. To me I see the crew of the Enterprise as a collective character. Each with a purpose and a vital role to fill.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Fleet Admiral

I think that's how all Treks have been, I believe.
We could never do without any of them at least on screen because I believe the Captain is nothing without his crew.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:05 AM
Vice Admiral

star trek has always had the best actors in sci fi,chris pine will make a fine addition,and by the way chucky d your friends looks cool
Old 01-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Captain

Quote:
That is what Foster is. But she's made a more than descent living of her share of big and small roles over her life. My favorite was Contact and the second was Flight Plan

Two very good movies! Contact was a very well written story, and Flight Plan was a cool adventure, IMO.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Captain

Quote:
I think that's how all Treks have been, I believe.
We could never do without any of them at least on screen because I believe the Captain is nothing without his crew.

I think you've summed up "The Gene's" entire Star Trek philosphy right there, my friend: "We can't make it without each other." Isn't that a message that needs to be heard these days, more than ever?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus of Megadeus View Post
I think you've summed up "The Gene's" entire Star Trek philosphy right there, my friend: "We can't make it without each other." Isn't that a message that needs to be heard these days, more than ever?
Absolutely! That is a message that has been needed through the ages. but now is a time I think we will start following it. (to some degree atleast)
Old 01-13-2009, 05:03 AM
Captain

You're right, Captain Mouse! We need to rely upon each other, but we also need to be able to stand on our own, too (if I catch your meaning of "to some degree").