The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > Should Archer get a warp 7 ship to command in a new series...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 05:32 AM
Ensign

I agree with you that the Deadalus is the first joind projects of these 4 species but for all we know only the vulcans are able to warp 7 flights. And if you compare the size of the Surak-Class with the Deadalus-Class you'll see that there is not enough space in the Deadalus-Class to carry this "new" drive system!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Fleet Admiral

Is there any info about the size of the Daedalus-class? Definitely no canon info, but she should be larger than a NX and smaller than a Constitution. Being the first ship to have a seperate engineering section, which seems to be relatively large in proportion to the spherical primary hull, I don't see why a warp 7 engine should not fit into that large cylindrical secondary hull. It is probably a bit more dangerous than previous warp engines, hence the "new" modulary design where you can eject a nacelle or seperate the primary hull from the rest of the ship in case of an emergency.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
We all know Archers Enterprise was being mothballed at the end of season 4 and that there was talk of the new warp seven ships coming of the production line very soon, so should a new series of Enterprise be created with Archer and his crew warping around the galaxy in a Constitution (or similar) style Enterprise?
No, it should not.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Sovereign506 wrote:
Quote:
...if you compare the size of the Surak-Class with the Deadalus-Class you'll see that there is not enough space in the Deadalus-Class to carry this "new" drive system!
Who says you need a new drive system?
It's not the drive, but the size of the coils.
In the mirror universe episodes, Trip was looking at a
schematic of the U.S.S. Defiant and made a comment
about the size of the nacelles' warp coils. He was so
impressed by the size of them, he estimated they could
generate warp 7 speeds.

Last edited by Captain Frank : 01-10-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Lieutenant Commander

If I had been creative head of ENT, Archer (or whatever character name I used instead) would have been flying around in a Daedalus Class starship (SS Enterprise, NCC 171), with far more aesthetic connections internally and externally to TOS than we saw with NX-01
Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Lieutenant

Speaking of stuff they found out on the Defiant, here's a picture of Archer's bio on one of the screens. It includes the following info about his future after commanding the NX-01:

Rank at Retirement: Admiral, Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command

Ambassador to Andoria – 2169-2175
Federation Councilman – 2175-2183
President, UFP – 2184-2192

I found it at Memory Alpha.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ArcherBio.jpg (64.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 02-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Ensign

I would definitely watch a series with Archer as the captain of the first warp 7 ship. It looks like he had some time between 2160 and 2169 to do so. As an all around Trek fan, I was sad to see both the adventures of the TNG crew and the Enterprise crew be halted so abruptly. Season 4 of Enterprise was exactly what Trek fans, Enterprise fans, and anti-Enterprise fans wanted the series to be the entire time. And I agree, that after the Xindi story arc, Enterprise became the prequel tale of exploration with the necessary beginnings of pre-TOS technology that we expected from the start. A new series, featuring the 5th season stories helmed by Manny Coto, could easily replace Battlesatar on Sci-Fi after it's final season. (I tried to get hooked by the new Battlestar, but all the "frakkin drama" pushed me away.)

With that said, I am very excited about the new Trek film, and I hope that it spawns a new interest in Trek beyond the new adventures of the "new" cast. I know this is a film trying to assimilate the MTV generation into Star Trek fandom, but I still feel like the TNG cast deserves a proper sendoff, even if that only means a screenwriter's edit of Nemesis on Blu-ray...

The TNG cast, and even the Enterprise cast, are now too old to sell to the new group of fans... And as unrealistic as a warp 7 Enterprise series, a final TNG film, or a Titan series is, I still believe that even one of those would be supported enough by oldschool Trek fans to be successful...

...Fans brought TOS back a decade later from TV to film...

Last edited by LegalizeRomulanAle : 02-24-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:33 AM
Fleet Admiral

Enterprise would have been more accepted had it taken place in the 24th+ century and that would have provided for future properties. As it stands now, we'll never see another Archer show.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Vice Admiral

I would like to see an ENT based mini-series that deals with the Romulan war. I think the NX-01 should be the ship used, maybe with a few upgrades like a tractor beam and more efficient engine ouput, but NOT an entirely different ship. The entire point of ENT was that is was a starship named Enterprise. Should it be another Enterpise prior to the 1701? Heck no!! I've always reasoned away the whole "the 1701 was the first Enterprise" argument by believing the NX-01 was a "earth" starfleet vessel, and the 1701 was the first "UFP" starfleet vessel to the bear the name Enterprise.