The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > I can't shake the feeling that...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Default I can't shake the feeling that...

At the end of the movie we'll see something more like the classic Connie.

I think it was in an Orci interview that he said that the movie takes places after Nemisis. And that the reasons of the changes is becuase of time travel. So I have a feeling in the end all will be "Back to normal"

I just can't shake that feeling same kind of feeling I had after Gen when I told my brother by the next movie Data will be able to turn off his emotion chip.
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 01-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Vice Admiral

I dunno. I think they will keep the design.Maybe it will have more hints of a connie...

Old 01-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Admiral

The only thing i think that would stop it is since its being geared for a more General Audience it might confuse them.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Fleet Admiral

I agree...I think he's going to hit a with a design that looks alot more like the baby we know.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Fleet Admiral

Orci said in that interview that the new timeline will continue to exist at the end and after the movie, but I would not take anything too literal. Still, the 'back to normal' scenario * la "Yesterday's Enterprise" is not very likely IMO, not at least because they would have to design everything twice for a few end scenes, including the exterior, the interior and the uniforms. Which would make sense if this movie were designed as first part of a trilogy, which it is not.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Lieutenant

Well, a question could be brought about ala "Yesterday's Enterprise". Remember at the end, Guinan asks Geordi about Tasha. One could argue that although none of the rest of the crew remembered anything out of the ordinary happening, even the TNG timeline was changed because of the 1701-C jumping forward, merely in Guinan's curiosity about Tasha. Also, that alternate Tasha had a child in the regular TNG universe. So, I guess what I'm saying is that Orci's comments could be taken in the context of that even if the basic events and history are restored, there can still be changes to the timeline, even if the big changes are fixed...all the minor changes will add up.

Last edited by lordisaiah : 01-02-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed Starkiller View Post
At the end of the movie we'll see something more like the classic Connie.

I think it was in an Orci interview that he said that the movie takes places after Nemisis. And that the reasons of the changes is becuase of time travel. So I have a feeling in the end all will be "Back to normal"

I just can't shake that feeling same kind of feeling I had after Gen when I told my brother by the next movie Data will be able to turn off his emotion chip.
I think the disappointing thing will be if people are sitting for the whole movie waiting for this (IMO slightly unlikely) ending. I think that the writers saying the timeline is going to remain after the movie is a pretty good indication that it is. As a random observation on expectations about movies, I remember a preview of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom where the reviewer slammed it because it wasn't about dinosaurs - he'd had a hot (and wildly incorrect) tip from an "insider"). A bit unfair on Indy but we got the dinosaurs in the end Perhaps you will get your wish, hopefully it will be great either way.

Last edited by Scribbler : 01-02-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Lieutenant

Orci in one ways is looking at the "big picture" ala will any changes in this film prohibit it from fitting with any of the other movies, and to a lesser point, will it necessarily prevent the general idea of the various TV shows from occurring.

So, will anything Nero do prevent the existence of Cardassia, or the Borg. No.

At most, I think the net talley of changes will be appearance of the ship, inside and out, and a few dialogue changes and missing actors in some of the episodes. Kirk will be chasing the cloud creature in Obsession because it killed his own crewmembers vs the revenge factor...but that doesn't change young Garrovick's story, because his father was still killed by it. Get what I'm saying Holmes.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Admiral

I honestly think that the ending will cheapen the movie I was just saying I have a feeling that is what is going to happen.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Rear Admiral

While I wouldn't be surprised if the classic NCC-1701 makes a brief cameo in the movie at some point (perhaps in a special effects-laden moment illustrating the divergence of the two timelines), I do think the revised NCC-1701 will be the ship for any future sequels...