The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Original Series > Star Trek on Joost
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default Star Trek on Joost

Found this earlier and thought that you all might be interested to know. Does anyone here use Joost? It's a program you can download to stream TV shows and stuff, and I got it when it was new but didn't really use it since there weren't many interesting videos. But apparently I forgot to get my name off their mailing list, and their weekly emails keep popping showing up in my in-box. I actually opened one up this week and at the bottom, way underneath all these other videos, there was a link that said 'Star Trek' with a picture from TOS, so I clicked it, and it turns out they have practically the whole series available! It's really neat, I've got Journey to Babel on right now. The quality's just okay, not as good as the TV, and the video was halting at first but I paused for a while and it got better for a while. It beats youtube, anyway, and it's actually legal. :O

I hope this doesn't count as advertising, but I wanted to let you know in case there's anybody else who doesn't have the DVDs and doesn't like waking up at six AM to catch TOS episodes. (Or fighting over space on the DVR. )
Old 02-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Midshipman

I've been using Joost since it came out, I noticed Star Trek was available quite by chance the other day when I made a rare visit to the Joost website. I've been watching random eps ever since. :P
Old 02-13-2008, 01:59 AM
Ensign

I've downloaded it, but no star trek available.. which channel?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I've downloaded it, but no star trek available.. which channel?
For some reason all the episodes seem to be on different channels, so I just do a search for the titles to pull up individual episodes. If you want to see all the episodes at once, though, you have to do a search on their website for 'Star Trek' and a list will come up with thumbnails and a little description. (Searching on the player itself will only bring up twenty or so episodes instead of the whole series.)
Old 02-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Ensign

I see the problem. I did saw it on the website, but couldn't watch it on Joost. I know why. I'm from the Netherlands and TOS is only available in the United States...

so.. Bad luck here..