The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > It's official: Cannon Schmannon?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
Things change Saint. Deal with it or move on already.

Frankly people are getting tired of your negative attitude about everything.
I, for one, totally agree with Saint. And I consider him to be a true fan of Star Trek who wants to see the franchise grow but not at the expense of the past 40 years of Trek history. There would have been many, many ways to do this movie in such a way that it would have slotted in neatly with the established Trek timeline and continuity. But TPTB decided to go their own way and disregard all that has gone before and start a new Trek from scratch. Sure, the names are the same, but that's about it. I have decided to resign myself to the conclusion that this new movie is in an alternate timeline/universe created by Nero's interference and that the Star Trek that I grew up with is alive and well. So there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhanner View Post
That's because no matter what the thread is about you have to chime in and remind us how much you HATE this new film and NO ONE who likes Trek should like this film and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

We get it. You don't like it. So why keep posting about it? Just don't read the threads that aren't titled "Why I Hate This Movie" and then you won't have to stay angry all the time.
Saint isn't angry all the time. He's just irritated that the Star Trek that we have been watching and enjoying for 20, 30, 40+ years is being erased as if it never existed in favor of this new version of the old Star Trek. It's like the Genesis device was dropped on the collection ot TOS shows and movies. It has destroyed the Trek we love in favor of its new matrix.