The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Tos vs new movie discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Ensign

Spock served under Pike's command for 7 years, 4 months and 5 days as i learned. Its true Pikes accident was during kirks 5 year mission. Does anyone know what captain James Kirk served under first when he left the academy?

Kirk met Pike when he was promoted to fleet captain so its possible that Christopher Pikes 5 year mission started after kirk graduated from the academy making it possible for kirk to meet Spock after graduation also.

I guess its safe to conclude that Talos IV was the middle of Pikes 5 year mission 13 years ago. Possible making kirk around age 20, and that would mean that kirk met him at an earlier age. We can conclude that kirk was at least in the academy to be able to meet pike when he did.

I gotta figure this time line out, I gotta know if it is still possible for kirk to have a relationship with spock early on in his star fleet career. I would like to know if the movie is going to be possible to line up with the TOS episodes.